Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI), Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health.Check also:30+ New Jobs at University Of Dodoma (UDOM)
30+ New Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI), Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Job – Nurse (30 posts)
Location – Bohemia Project, Rufiji
IHI is looking for thirty (30) qualified and experienced Nurses to join the big cluster randomized clinical trial of Broad One Health Endectocide-based Malaria Interventions in Africa (BOHEMIA).
- Latest Jobs at Kenyatta National Hospital | Jobs in Kenya 2021
- 30+ New Jobs at University Of Dodoma (UDOM)
- Latest Jobs at Nmb Bank PLC Tanzania 2021
- New Jobs at CIP | Driver Jobs in Kenya 2021
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma or Certificate in Nursing, must be registered.
- Experience in clinical services at the dispensary/health center/hospital/ research project.
Dairly Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily visit to the assigned health facilities to collect data.
- Daily review of MTUHA at the OPD/IPD/Laboratory for data collection.
- Daily entry of malaria cases at the facility.
- Administer informed consent form (ICFs), including counselling for women of reproductive age
before urinary pregnancy tests (UPT).
- Administer questionnaire/case report forms (CRFs) for Mass Drug Administration (MDA).
- Screening of the study participants as instructed in the protocol.
- Malaria testing using the RDT.
- Inspect the skin to look for skin conditions, checking of vitals/anthropometric measurements
- Administer study drugs. ( Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
- Collect the adverse events (AE)/serious adverse events (SAE).
- Adhere to the study SOPs, Protocol and GCP.
- Save and send data daily to the saver.
- Proper handling of the tablets, bicycles, backpacks and other field tools.
- Conduct household visits or make phone calls to follow up on study participants.
- Daily report to the supervisor for updates.
- Attend study meetings as scheduled by the team.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor or study team leader. ( Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
For more details about these jobs and how to apply…
Field Supervisor/Assistant Entomologist (10 posts) – Bohemia, Rufiji
IHI is looking for ten (10) experienced Field Supervisor / Assistant Entomologists to work in the entomology work package within the big cluster randomized clinical trial of Broad One Heallth Endectocide-based Malaria Interventions in Africa (BOHEMIA). ( Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
Qualification and Experience
- Holders of Form IV or VI certificates in science subjects preferably Chemistry and Biology; holders of certificates or diploma in related field like medical laboratory, environmental science, vector control, medical entomology will have an added advantage. ( Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
- Previous experience of at least 3-4 years, preferably working in environmental health and ecological sciences or any other entomology department, on field entomological surveys, mosquito handling and rearing, mosquito taxonomy, mosquito dissection, laboratory, field and semi-field entomological bioassays will be a significant importance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all entomology field workers and volunteers working in the project. Introduce the entomology field team to the village authorities and household owners where necessary.
- Train entomology field workers on SOPs and other relevant trainings. ( Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
- Ensure each field team has functioning mosquito collection tools such as traps and batteries before they go to the field sites.
- Conduct spot check during human double net collection procedure to make sure that volunteers are properly following procedures.
- Receive and inspect all mosquito samples from field sites to make sure that they are properly labelled and stored in an appropriate storage condition. ( Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
- Supervise and perform sorting, identification and packaging of mosquitoes in the field station.
- Making sure that all mosquitoes which need to be transported to the respective laboratories are prepared on time and properly packed.
- Review and compile day to day collected mosquito data and make sure they are properly recorded and uploaded to the BOHEMIA database.
- Liaise with the entomology data manager to ensure that all field data uploaded to the BOHEMIA database are correct.
- Conduct meetings with field team to discuss challenges and work progress and report them to the Assistant or Senior Entomologist.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Entomologist or Assistant Entomologist.
Applicant Skills and Compitencies
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of mosquito collection techniques, mosquito identification, and entomological experiments in the laboratory, semi-field and field environments.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and follow entomological protocols, guidelines and SOPs.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in research team.
- Ability to achieve set goals.
- Good oral communications in English and Swahili languages.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative.)
For more details about these jobs and how to apply…
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales. ( Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters by e-mail together with their detailed CVs showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. (Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI))
All e-mail application subject lines should include: Nurse – BOHEMIA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
Plot 463 Ifakara St. Mikocheni
P. O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on the 9th of April 2021.