Welcome, Through this page you can check 7+ Resettlement Associate at UNHCR, unhcr resettlement 2021. Check also: Jobs at Amani Centre for Street Children 2021
7+ Resettlement Associate at UNHCR
Job Tittle; Resettlement Associate ( 7 positions)
Location: Kasulu Kigoma
These positions are open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Jobs at Absa Bank Tanzania 2021
- 150+ Jobs at K’s Hospital Mbeya
- 70+ Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
A Resettlement Associate position is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office or Field Office.
Under supervision, the incumbents primary role is to assist in providing, in close coordination with concerned sections within UNHCR as well as external parties such as resettlement countries, IOM and NGOs, a continuous support to resettlement operations by ensuring that resettlement polices are correctly implemented and operations are supported in establishing comprehensive protection and solutions strategies.
The incumbent takes part in assessing cases for resettlement and conducting interviews as well as monitoring procedural compliance and quality of case submissions. (Resettlement Associate at UNHCR, unhcr resettlement 2021)
The role of the Resettlement Associate may involve managerial responsibilities in supervising, coaching and training junior staff, and assisting in implementing organizational objectives and priorities.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description.
They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview, assess resettlement needs, and process persons identified for resettlement, following established procedures; undertake field missions as required. (Resettlement Associate at UNHCR, unhcr resettlement 2021)
- Where applicable, review and assess special resettlement cases and prepares individual submissions for presentation to resettlement countries; keep offices informed on the status of special resettlement cases; liaise with offices on case processing and provide advice as required.
- Comply with UNHCR¿s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on status of cases from submission to departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on persons of concern (PoC) being considered for resettlement; ensure that records on individual cases are kept up-to-date.
- Provide PoC and partners with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR¿s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring the quality of submissions, providing the concerned staff with basic guidance and advice.
- Manage, maintain and update proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Assist with preparing a strategy and budget for resettlement activities and monitoring expenditures.
- Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud through oversight (including in-country travel), advice and guidance). (Resettlement Associate at UNHCR, unhcr resettlement 2021)
- Recommend cases that are eligible for resettlement consideration.
- Provide counselling to PoC.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- International Law;
- International Relations;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Not specified
- Good knowledge of UNHCR Resettlement policies and operational applications in different resettlement countries and situations. Completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities (e.g., PLP and RSD/Resettlement Learning Programme, resettlement anti-fraud workshop).
- CM-Cross-cultural communication;
- PR-Resettlement/Repatriation/Voluntary Repatriation;
- UN-UNHCR Operations, mandate, principles and policies;
- PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. (Resettlement Associate at UNHCR, unhcr resettlement 2021)
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, including in particular when supervising others, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and
empowered to perform their duties by demonstrating no tolerance for sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, abuse of power, harassment including sexual harassment, and sexual exploitation and abuse.
As individual workforce members and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and take these issues seriously by speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources,
as well as, when required/appropriate, report, for corrective action to be taken, whilst considering a victim-centered-approach.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position.
Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Managerial Competencies
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge of English and/or UN working language.
- Additional Information
- This is a Temporary Appointment initially for a period of six months with possibility of extension until 31 May 2022.
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process ( application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Qualified female and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
In case of difficulties with application process contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submission of applications is 28 June 2021 Midnight Tanzania Time.