Welcome, Through this page you can check and apply Child Protection Coordinator at Save the Children | Jobs in Kenya 2021, child protection jobs in Kenya 2021, child protection jobs 2021, latest child protection jobs in Kenya. Check also: ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021
Child Protection Coordinator at Save the Children | Jobs in Kenya 2021
The role will primarily focus on quality and timely program delivery and coordination of child protection and humanitarian services. (Child Protection Coordinator at Save the Children)
- Latest Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) 2021
- ICT Officer at Kenya Pipeline Company 2021
- Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Kenya 2021
- HESLB Public Notice | Taarifa Ya HESLB Kwa Waombaji Mikopo
- Bodi ya Mikopo Tanzania 2021/22
The role holder will be supporting the country humanitarian response unit in coordination, needs assessment and reporting.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Performance management and supervision of all CP staff
- Lead and motivate the CP team to ensure effective project implementation.
- Ensure key problems are brought to the attention of the Program Manager and other relevant senior staff for discussion and review. (Child Protection Coordinator at Save the Children)
- Ensure that all relevant staff receives appropriate induction and training.
- Make regular support visits to camps.
- Develop and implement an integrated reintegration strategy for vulnerable children returning to their communities with a particular emphasis on education and livelihoods strategies.
Monitoring and evaluation of programme activities:
- Ensure quality BIAs and case management process is maintained.
- Review of cases and assessment reports
- Review of case management CPIMS forms and conducting quality check.
- Convening and chairing BID panel meetings (main and mini-BID panels)
- Assist CP teams to identify the technical support required in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Work with project staff to assist in the development of new project proposals and the evaluation and documentation of programme activities.
- Develop and undertake training in aspects of child protection for programme and project staff as well as children, partners and community-based child protection networks.
- Mentor the relevant staff to facilitate the continued development of his project, budget and personnel management capacity.
- Work with the field Officer to oversee the management of the Separated Children’s Database as a tool for information storage and analysis, and case management.
- Produce high quality, analytical reports and supply regular situation reports (sitreps).
- Make clear recommendations regarding proposed programme content, staffing, management and administration arrangements and budget with clear indications of funding and technical support sources.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team for monitoring and evaluation of programme activities including taking corrective action where necessary; preparation of Counselling reports, documentation of lessons learnt.
- Document milestones and success stories in the community-based child protection initiatives.
- Document programme learning and ensuring it contributes to organizational advocacy.
- Maintain an up to date information pack of various aspects affecting the beneficiaries in liaison with the other program teams and do analysis of the reports.
- Ensure timely implementation of budgeted activities in addition to budget tracking and control and ensure clarity of reports on the various advocacy aspects in the camps.
- Support in humanitarian context analysis.
- Partnerships and coordination
- Ensure close coordination of outreach activities with other agencies in the three camps to ensure complementarity and synergy.
- Build partnerships to enhance community participation, ownership and sustainability of programmes.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other child protection agencies, governmental institutions, host community partners and community level structures in order to promote community ownership and sustainability of CP initiatives.
- Represent Save the Children and the CP program in interagency working groups and camp coordination meetings and build from the strategies developed through the Child Protection Working Group.
- Represent the CP programme and advocate with community, partners as well as other external visitors. Liaise closely with other actors in the child protection sector on issues related to vulnerable children. Ensure that consideration is given to their particular needs within general child protection strategies. (Child Protection Coordinator at Save the Children)
- Work with appropriate partners within the child protection sector to ensure the mainstreaming of child protection and those children’s rights are considered in the process of legislation formation and institution building.
- Where necessary, represent the Child protection Manager and Coordinators in meetings, both internal and external and engage with the Host Community partner.
- When requested act as representative for Save the Children’s emergency response to local authorities, donors and members of the humanitarian community.
Implementation of activities and Accountability
- Coordinate with finance and awards team to ensure effective budget monitoring for the project in line with donor requirements and contractual obligations, including Grant opening, mid-term and closing meetings.
- Timely implementation and strict adherence to the DIP
- Coordinate the timely implementation of all grants and ensure sound and accurate expenditure.
- Proposal development – continuously analyse needs and develops concept notes, outlining clear areas of sensitization and awareness raising.
- Oversee project activities budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to SCI and donor regulations; review monthly Budget vs. Actual and expenditure sheets and collaborate with the finance department to ensure accurate expenditures and reporting.
- Ensure timely production of activity/events reports as well as monthly reports as per the agreed timelines. (Child Protection Coordinator at Save the Children)
- Ensure humanitarian activities are planned for and implemented timely.
- Compile humanitarian SITREPS and submit as per the deadline.
- Support Country Humanitarian and Operation Manager in compiling humanitarian reports and tracking of budgets.
- Ensure that the principles of child safeguarding and ‘do no harm’ are embedded in all programme planning, implementation and reporting and that staff receive regular, up to date training on same. Ensure transparency in targeting beneficiaries, delivery of services and participation of beneficiaries and partners in planning and monitoring of process is reflected in programme delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least Degree social work/social sciences or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in similar settings.
- Prior experience in child protection and best interest determination process in refugee set ups in essential.
- Substantial management and leadership experience, preferably in emergency programmes
- Demonstrable competence in proposal and report writing
- Experience of financial planning and expenditure monitoring
- Experience of community participation, ownership and empowerment
- Competent in using email and computer packages such as Word and Excel
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child safeguarding Policy and Values
- Has high-level communication skills’, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both spoken and written). Working knowledge of local language strongly preferred
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment. (Child Protection Coordinator at Save the Children)
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals within the organisation and with government and development partners
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
For more information and job application details, see