Church World Service Tanzania Jobs 2022 is now opened for all who passionate to work with Church World Service Tanzania located in Kigoma.
Position Title: Africa Regional Deployment Unit (ARDU) Supervisor
Reports To: ARDU Manager
Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Programs, Africa Regional Deployment Unit (ARDU)
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: Grade 7, Manager, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Primary Purpose: This is a full time position that is responsible for the supervision of all ARDU staff assigned to them and for the planning and implementation of deployments in their purview. This includes coordination with CWS RSC Africa Programs and Administration divisions and UNHCR.
Supervision: This position primarily supervises the Resettlement Assistant, Resettlement Expert (Level I and II) and Best Interests Determination (BID) Specialist positions.
Essential Duties: Church World Service Tanzania Jobs
The Supervisor will:
- Ensure all functions within ARDU strictly adhere to the DOS/BPRM, CWS RSC Africa and UNHCR policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure the development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of ARDU standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct job function observations of ARDU staff to ensure compliance is met and identify any areas of improvement or training needs. This will include travel to UNHCR field offices, often on short notice, as needed.
- Travel to deployment locations to monitor deployments, conduct performance evaluations and meet with partners.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the USRAP and refugee situations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Complete RRF review for UNHCR country and regional offices as needed and ensure compliance and adherence to UNHCR policies and guidelines are met.
Data Management and Analysis
The Supervisor will:
- Oversee the finalization of Terms of Reference (TORs) for deployees in coordination with the ARDU Manager or Program Manager.
- Ensure staff are prepared for deployments while ensuring all deployment security and logistical aspects have been addressed and arranged.
- Act as the point person for staff inquiries relating to deployment TORs and logistics.
- Prepare reports for ARDU Management and/or the Program Manager, both quantitative and qualitative, on deployees’ output and if applicable in the location, keep the program manager informed.
- Develop reports and quality control checks that ensure accuracy and efficiency as well as their use.
- Establish effective communication systems regarding data and ensures reports are accurate and efficient.
- Assist with annual plan and strategic planning goals as communicated by the ARDU Coordinator and/or Program Manager.
Representation: cws jobs kasulu
The Supervisor will:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with UNHCR.
- Ensure partner communication from the department is professional, timely and proactive.
- Represent organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensure the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
The Supervisor will:
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to ARDU staff, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
- Coordinate on-boarding of new staff and facilitate trainings, both in the office and while in the field. This may include deployments to UNHCR offices to train new deployees.
- Organize quarterly trainings for ARDU staff.
- Develop in-house training materials to enhance compliance and ensure existing training materials are kept up to date.
- Ensure coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
- Establish performance expectations with staff under their supervision.
- Monitor staff time and attendance.
The Supervisor will:
- Monitor and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensure direct reports access and use their benefits appropriately, including leave.
- Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensure staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Logistics and Staff Security teamse and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
The Supervisor will:
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between UNHCR and CWS RSC Africa.
- Handle any other duties as assigned by the ARDU Manager, the Program Manager and/or CWS management at large.
Read also: Nafasi za Kazi Mashirika Binafsi 2022
Qualifications : cws jobs kasulu
- Six (6) year’s work experience required.
- One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the UN Convention and Protocols relating to the status of refugees required.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff required.
- Previous experience working with international organizations such as UNHCR required.
- Previous experience with a resettlement deployment scheme preferred.
- Previous reporting and monitoring and evaluation experience preferred.
Skills : cws jobs kasulu
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the UNHCR/U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of International Refugee Law required.
- Excellent interviewing and counselling skills.
- Excellent drafting, writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English; secondary language skills such as French, Arabic and other African regional languages (other than Kiswahili) is preferred.
- Previous assessment/monitoring and evaluations skills preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Sub-Saharan Africa refugee situations required.
Education: Church World Service Jobs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or four (4) years of related work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree in a related field of study (including international affairs, refugee law, human rights or social work) is preferred.
The ARDU Supervisor must have the ability to:
- Represent CWS RSC Africa with partners;
- Travel throughout sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and sometimes under difficult conditions;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS RSC Africa;
- Maintain a high performance standard with meticulous attention to detail;
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
- Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- Lead others and address issues as they arise;
- Effectively manage CWS RSC Africa’s resources;
- Actively participate in the successful implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
- Have strong English communication skills, both written and oral;
- Work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Special Requirements: Nafasi za kazi Church World Service (CWS)
- COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates.
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, therefore competence in Microsoft Office packages is required.
- This position may require travel throughout sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program.
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must obtain a Certificate of Good Health from a recognized hospital before the start of deployment to UNHCR and have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- This is a full-time position.
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.