Are you searching for Driver Job Vacancy at CRS, May 2023, Driver Jobs Tanzania, ngo driver jobs in tanzania, Nafasi za kazi CRS, crs recruitment portal, catholic relief services internship?.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official overseas relief and development organization of United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and has served people living in poverty and situations of vulnerability in over 100 countries since 1943.
In Tanzania, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and is a leader in building the country’s capacity to improve health and nutrition services for young children and their caregivers.
Read also: Good Neighbors Job Vacancies, May 2023
Job Title: Driver
Reports to: Admin and Procurement Officer
Department: Operations Location: Kigoma.
The Driver will be responsible for maintaining and driving the organizations vehicles to authorized destinations. Ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicles, record and maintain mileage logs and movement documents as per organizations policies, oversee safety and security for vehicles assigned at all locations during travel, carry out maintenance and mechanical repairs assigned and give feedback on all necessary repairs and assist the supervisor in diagnosing and testing vehicles.
- To comply and drive CRS vehicles in town and in the field strictly observing the local laws and CRS policy relative to the use of the CRS vehicles.
- Being accountable for all spares, accessories etc fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop of field.
- To verify records of all work done on each vehicle and on the respective job cards
- Schedule regular vehicle inspection and servicing strictly according to manufacturer’s recommendations or better.
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all vehicles assigned to, promptly collect used sheets to avoid loss or defacing.
- To ensure that all vehicle movements are recorded and are up to date in the vehicle log sheets.
- Carry out duties of staff transport when assigned and ensure highest quality, courteous, efficient services and safe driving for all occupants.
- To ensure that the assigned vehicle is always clean and attractive to staff, CRS visitors and partners.
Required Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- Certificate Motor Vehicle Mechanics Grade II from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA).
- A valid driving license Class “C” with accident-free driving records
- Knowledge and skills in vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Experience in vehicle driving and repair in other NGO or similar organization
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Kiswahili.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
How to Apply For Driver Job Vacancy at CRS May 2023
- Interested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address TZ_HR@crs.org not later than 19th May 2023.
- The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process.
This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies and existing expertise is assessed and valued.