Driver Jobs at Tanzania Revenue Authority TRA 2022
On behalf of Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill 45 nafasi za kazi tra 2022 vacant below.
The Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) was established by Act of Parliament No.11 of 1995, and started its operations on 1st July 1996. In carrying out its statutory functions, TRA is regulated by Law, and is responsible for administering impartially various taxes of the Central Government.
POSITION: DRIVER II – 45 POSTS
Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive motor vehicles in accordance with road traffic Rules and Regulations;
- To inspect motor vehicle before and after any route/journey in order to identify required maintenances or rehabilitation;
- To ensure that a motor vehicle and its equipment (jack, spanner, spare tyre etc) are available and are in good condition;
- To carry out minor/routine maintenances of vehicles;
- To maintain the car logbook by recording all trips and fuel consumption;
- To prepare fuel, oil and car log book returns for the vehicle;
- To ensure that motor vehicle doors and windows are properly locked and safe all the time; To maintain the vehicle and report to the Supervisor any vehicle defects that which need repairs;
- To assist in collecting and dispatching mails;
- To ensure cleanness of motor at all time;
- To report any accident immediately to Supervisor or Traffic Police; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
TRA Job Opportunities Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Form IV Certificate who have attended Basic Driving Course offered by VETA or any other recognized Institution and has Class “C1 or “E” Driving License. The candidate must have driving experience of at least (1) year without causing an accident.
GENERAL CONDITIONS For Nafasi za Kazi tra 2022
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
- All applicants who are qualified to apply more than one post must apply only one;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, University of Dodoma, Utumishi/Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma
- Deadline for application is 23rd April, 2022;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)