Welcome, Through this page you can check and apply Finance Manager at Medical Teams International 2021, Medical Teams International Tanzania, medical teams international tanzania website, medical teams international tanzania address. Check also: Jobs at SOS Children’s Villages 2021
Finance Manager at Medical Teams International 2021
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall management of all financial operations, financial reporting activities and the finance team. He/she will advise the Country Director in all financial-related issues and on occasions report to external donors and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities – Finance Manager at Medical Teams International
- Attend regular meetings and actively engage at country level management planning and activities, and providing technical input to the overall operation of the country program;
- Integrate Finance activities within all program departments and support teams; fostering collaborative, coordinated and close working relations;
- Provide overall management and coordination of the country office finance activities and finance team;
- Accountable for the implementation of Medical Teams International’s finance policies and procedures, ensure effective financial management, asset management and financial accountability within the country office;
- Responsible for financial management including: banking, cash flow and asset management;
- Review and approve transactions in ERP (when finalized) and ensure a soft-close is made by 6th of every month ready for HQ review;
- Ensure quality and accurate monthly and year end finance reporting.
Budget and Donor Finance Management
- Support the Country Manager in the budgeting process and ensure review, consolidation and submission of country budget;
- Support annual planning and lead in annual and project budget preparation of the country program and provide support to the team;
- Compile the projects financial information and budgets in a comprehensive country finance budget/ plan for the review by the Country Manager;
- Verify budgets prepared by program teams for accuracy and advise on design for optimum monitoring;
- Sign off on budgets before submission to the Country Manager for authorization
- Ensure that donor requirements, policies and procedures are met;
- Monitor the donor reporting schedule and the program business cycle to ensure timely and accurate financial donor reports are prepared and submitted consistent with narrative reports;
- Work with the headquarters Finance team to manage the preparation of financial reports of donors according to set deadlines;
- Ensure a complete audit trail from primary documentation to the accounting system for accurate and rapid donor reporting and general record keeping;
- Support program staff in the preparation of program and project budgets, as well as annual Medical
- Teams International budgets and manage the preparation of financial projections/forecasts necessary for effective monitoring and review. (Finance Manager at Medical Teams International 2021)
Operational Financial Management and Compliance
- Ensure that all financial procedures are consistent with Medical Teams International standards, are clearly defined, understood and are implemented effectively;
- Ensure finance policies, systems and procedures changes are communicated and implemented appropriately through regular communications;
- Advise headquarters and country office management of any challenges/developments in governments policies, statutory and legal requirements in Tanzania with regard to the financial function;
- Supervise the preparation of routine (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual) management reports to meet the needs of headquarters and in-country management;
- Ensure payments are released after thorough verification by checking the documentation, relevant budget codes and ensuring the mathematical accuracy;
- Ensure internal control mechanisms are in place and implemented;
- Ensure effective asset management in close collaboration with logistics;
- Liaise with banks, auditors, donors and local tax authorities;
- Take lead in audit preparation, sourcing external auditors and support program staff in preparation for external and internal audits;
- Ensure that audit recommendations are implemented and maintained.
People Management and Capacity Building
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of finance staff;
- Support the Country Manager on all matters of finance specifically budget preparation, monitoring, control and reporting with a view to ensuring good financial standards are met.
- Bring significant risks, real and potential to the attention of the Country Manager and headquarters VP Finance and Administration;
- Be familiar with the laws of the country and ensure organizational compliance; support Country
- Manager to ensure that the organization adheres to all relevant statutory/legal requirements in country.
- Lead on project partner organization assessments re: finance and grants management;
- Build finance management capacity of national partner organizations to meet the compliance requirements of the Government, Donors and Medical Teams International;
- Regular finance monitoring visits to partner organizations and follow up monitoring visits recommendations.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting & Finance. Required
Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional Certification and Membership: CPA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA (ACPA Membership required).
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in finance management
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant INGO experience is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements especially UN Partners, OFDA, US Government, etc.
- Management systems software e.g., Unit 4; SAP, Navision, NetSuite, Sunsystem.
- Expertise in the application of strategic financial management and experience in maximizing resource utilization;
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Proven experience managing donor reporting schedules and production of donor reports;
- Strong budget preparation and personnel management skills. (Finance Manager at Medical Teams International 2021)
- Flexible, e.g., ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Detail oriented, e.g., ability to maintain accurate records;
- A good command of both written and spoken English; fluent in Swahili;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently with minimum supervision and within a team; patient, trustworthy, understanding and of a pleasant character;
- High degree of analytical skills.
- Ability to operate and think strategically, coupled with proven analytical skills and ability to make firm decisions;
- Ability to communicate effectively & professional both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees and external clients;
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information. (Finance Manager at Medical Teams International 2021)
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Finance Manager”.
Application Deadline: 21st of July 2021 at 1700HRS.
NOTE: This vacancy is for Tanzanians only.