Are searching for Funza Lushaka 2024 Online Applications for B.Ed and PGCE students,funza lushaka 2024 application,funza lushaka bursary application 2024,requirements for funza lushaka bursary,funza lushaka bursary requirements?
The Funza Lushaka Bursary is a very popular bursary in South Africa. If you want to make a difference and become a teacher, the Funza bursary could be an option to fund your study.
Funza Lushaka 2024 Online Applications | Funza Lushaka Bursary Application 2024
They offer support to undergraduate students who want to become a teacher, and they also offer a 1-year post-graduate bursary (PGCE)
Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme applications are now open for 2024. The Funza Lushaka Bursary takes care of all the university costs so that you can pursue your studies without any financial burden.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year program that promotes teaching as a profession. The bursaries are provided to students who may complete a teaching qualification in an area recognized as a priority.
In order to qualify for the bursary you need to be studying or wish to study a Bachelor of Education (BEd) or a Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) at a public university.
They cover the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation including meals
- Books and learning materials
- A possible small allowance for monthly living expenses
Requirements for funza lushaka bursary | funza lushaka bursary requirements
In order to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- learners, currently in Grade 12;
- graduates who want to complete a teaching qualification (enroll for a PGCE);
- people who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- unemployed people who want to become teachers.
How to Apply for funza lushaka 2024 application
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2024 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Who Can Apply For the Funza Lushaka Bursary?
First lets start by who can NOT apply for Funza Lushaka bursaries.
- If you have a criminal record, if you are charged of misconduct, or if you are dismissed from work, applying for this bursary will be a waste of time.
- Employees from Higher Education Institutions are not allowed to apply for this bursary and neither is their family.
- if you already have some teaching qualifications, you are not allowed to receive this bursary
Besides stating who can not apply, they are also very clear about these guidelines:
- The only to apply is by online application. They will not accept hard copies of printed forms
- If you completed the Funza Lushaka online application, they require you to print it and keep it with you.
If you are still in the green after reading this, these are the mayors they will prefer you to study
Priority Area Subjects
Foundation Phase (Gr R-3, ages 5-9):
- Foundation phase specialization
Intermediate Phase (Gr 4-6; ages 10-12): (2 of the following)
- African Language
- English Language
- Natural Sciences
Senior Phase (Gr 7-9; ages 13-15): (2 of the following)
- African Languages
- English Language
- Natural Sciences
FET Phase (Gr 10-12; ages 16-18): (2 of the following)
- Accounting (our other accounting bursaries)
- African Languages
- Agricultural Sciences (our other Agriculture bursaries)
- Agricultural Technology
- Civil Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- English Language
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Literacy
- Mechanical Technology
- Physical Sciences (Our other Physical science bursaries)
What Are the Requirements for the Funza Lushaka Application 2023?
Applicants for the Funza Lushaka Bursary must meet the following basic requirements in order to be considered:
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid ID
- Must have already been accepted to an appropriate field of study at a recognized higher education institution
- Must be committed to and enthusiastic about a professional teaching career with interests that include working with young people, readiness to face and overcome challenges
- Must have personal integrity
- All first-time applicants have to be younger than 30 years old
First Time Entrants To University
- You need proof you can start with your bachelor degree at Matric Grade 12
- At least a 4 rating for the subjects you want to specialize in to become a teacher
- You need to have passed Mathematics or mathematics literacy at Grade 12 level and a minimum level of 4 for home language if your intention is to specialize for foundation phase
- If you have completed your Matric before 2008, you will need an average of 50% (before mathematics was compulsory)
- If you want to specialize in the teaching of Technology subjects, you will need a level 4 pass for Mathematics. This also counts for CAT and for those students without these levels for matric
If you are a new applicant but already studying at University
- You must have passed all your subjects in your last year of study.
- At least an average score of 55% for your last year of study.
- At least an average score of 55% for the subjects you intend to become a teacher in.
- Take into account that the above requirements are the bare minimum. The Funza Lushaka bursary is for ambitious students. High Academic results will be awarded firstly.
Requirements for the PGCE Post Graduate Bursary
If you want to apply for the Funza postgraduate bursary there are some different requirements namely the following:
- You need to be Academically qualified to do the Post Graduate degree
- Foundation Phase: You need to have a Major in Psychology and African Language
- Intermediate, senior and further phase: You will need to have majored for the subjects you want to specialize in
- You will need TWO identified priority subjects at a second-year level (they really emphasize this)
- You need adequate modules for the topics you decided to specialize in
Requirements for students who already have the Funza Lushaka Bursary
- From your last year of study, you will need to have passed at least 66.6% of all your modules
- The same counts for the priority subject areas
- If you are only doing 1 major, you need to pass this major.
- You need to be progressing to your next year of study
- You need to have passed at least 50% of all the modules in your study
What Happens When You Completed Your Study With Funza Bursaries?
Before we go to explain how to apply for Funza, we want to emphasize what Funza expects from you when you complete your study.
- You will be required to work as a teacher in a public school for the same number of years you received their bursary.
- If you decide you don’t want to teach at a public school, you need to repay the bursary (please read the small letters in the bursary contract)
- You need an email address and a phone number so Funza may contact you
Those students doing online, distance, and part-time studies also qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary, granted they meet all the other eligibility criteria.
The bursary is awarded for one academic year at a time, and upon proof of academic success, the bursary may consider continuing each year until the beneficiary of the bursary has qualified as a teacher.
How much does Funza Lushaka pay monthly?
An amount of R 1,308,024,000 is allocated by the National Treasury for the Funza Lushaka Bursary out of which R600 per month is given to cover living expenses. NSFAS has been giving the funds on behalf of the Funza Lushaka department since 2007.
How much does funza lushaka pay per month for unisa students?
How Much Does Funza Lushaka Pay Per Month? The Funza Lushaka Bursary Program covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, learning material, and meal allowance. Students get an R600 allowance per month to cover their requirements.
Does Funza fund Unisa students?
the answer is, yes they are. Unisa students who are part of the education faculty can apply for funding through the Funza Lushaka Bursary.
We encourage you to visit Jobwikis.com Blog to get reviews and updates about most favorites blogs in the word.
It’s our hope that you have found all information about Funza Lushaka login,bursary application,funza lushaka id verification error,late applications for 2023,when is funza lushaka opening for 2024,when is funza lushaka closing for 2024,
- ECD Teachers Programme Application Link Form 2023 Gauteng
- GDE online application login | GDE parent registration | gde login
- www.gdeadmissions.gov.za registration online | gde login
- Sassa Sdr Relief Grant Status Online
- Sayouth mobi login teachers assistant 2023
- How do I Check My Matric Results | matric results nsc
- sa youth teacher assistant application form 2023/2024 pdf Download
- DSTV compact cup fixtures | fts 21 DSTV premiership download