Welcome, This page help you to check and apply ICT Associate at UN Women / UNDP 2021, undp jobs, un women internship, un jobs. Check also: Jobs at Aga Khan Education Service 2021
ICT Associate at UN Women / UNDP
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls;
the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- HESLB Public Notice | Taarifa Ya HESLB Kwa Waombaji Mikopo
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- How to Access UDSM Online Application 2021/2022 | UDSM OAS Login
- List of Udom Certificate Courses and Fees 2021/2022
- Jobs at Aga Khan Education Service 2021
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the ICT Associate executes ICT services in the Country Office, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. (ICT Associate at UN Women / UNDP)
The incumbent is responsible for review and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the Country Office productivity. The ICT Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedure > Provide inputs to the development and implementation of the ICT annual work plan; > Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN Women’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services > Provide technical support in the functioning of the Country Office hardware and software Make routine repairs and change hardware electronic components;
- Provide technical support to the installation and maintenance of all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones; > Provide technical support to the installation commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programmes; > Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;Monitor file server traffic, usage, and performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure efficient networks administration Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment; > Configure network printers and provide user access as required; Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access; > Maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups; Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities; > Provide technical support to Local Area Network (LAN) management in accordance with UN Women requirements.
- Provide web management services Maintain the Country Office web site and intranet.
- Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit; Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; prepare statistical charts, tables, and reports as required; Provide ICT support to key events.
- Provide technical support and advice to Country Office staff Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in Country Office experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues; Set up new email accounts for Country Office staff; Liaise with ICT staff in HQ for support and guidance; Meet all ICT on-boarding requirements for new staff. (ICT Associate at UN Women / UNDP)
- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office Contribute to the organization of trainings for the Country Office staff on ICT issues; Maintain library of reference materials; Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT. Key Performance Indicators Well maintained and serviced hardware and software Quality support and advice to clients Timely web maintenance
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Functional Competencies
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Good PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Good knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Good knowledge of database packages;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
Required Skills and Experience and Education
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is an asset;
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months. (ICT Associate at UN Women / UNDP)
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
- Language Requirements. (ICT Associate at UN Women / UNDP)
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 16 July 2021