New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer, international jobs in tanzania, international jobs list, international jobs online, international jobs in arusha, Apply also 1000+Latest NGO Jobs in Tanzania | UN Jobs in Tanzania 2021
This position is located in the Immediate Office of the Registrar of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), Arusha Branch. The incumbent will report to the Registrar. Check also New USAID Tanzania Jobs 2021 – Accounting Technician
- Undertake comprehensive research and provide specialized legal advice and support to the Registrar on legal issues related to the work of the Registrar and the mandate of the Mechanism.
- Advise the Registrar, and other Senior IRMCT Officials as directed by the Registrar, on the interpretation of the Statute of the Mechanism and related legal instruments, on privileges and immunities of IRMCT and its staff as prescribed in the Host Country Agreement, on financial and administrative rules and regulations, and on legal matters relevant to the work of IRMCT.
- In consultation with the Officer-in-Charge in both branches and under the direction of the Registrar, responsible for negotiating the terms of the Host Country Agreement as well as all other accords and agreements entered by IRMCT with governments and international organizations. Oversee the implementation of these agreements and the administration of all related procedures. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
- Assist the Registrar in handling relations with the United Nations, foreign governments and international organizations. Represent the Registrar at meetings with governments and international
organizations, provide a briefing on the content and direction of such meetings, propose any necessary action resulting from the meetings, and ensure necessary follow-up.New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
- Liaise with the Office of Legal Affairs and other relevant Departments at United Nations Headquarters on legal issues on international humanitarian and human rights law. Advise the Registrar on
- emerging issues and recommend appropriate course of action to be taken by IRMCT.
- Upon request, provide specialized advice to staff members on legal matters.
- Core Competencies:•Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm instressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
- Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES-New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
Managing Performance – Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority. Makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each
staff member. Accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills.
Monitors progress against milestones and deadlines. Regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff. Encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative. Actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff. Appraises performance fairly.
•Judgement/Decision-making – Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant information before making a decision. Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organisation. Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information.
Checks assumptions against facts. Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision. Makes tough decisions when necessary.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, preferably with specialisation in criminal law or international law. A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Seven years of progressively responsible experience in legal research and in providing specialized legal advice to high-ranking officials in an international environment.
English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French is desirable.
There may be a technical test followed by a competency-based interview.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The appointment is limited to the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals. Appointment of the successful candidate on this position will be limited to the initial funding of the post. Extension of the appointment is subject to the extension of the mandate and/or the availability of funds.
As the international tribunals are not integrated in the Secretariat, UN Staff Members serve on assignment or secondment from their parent department/office if selected. Appointments of staff members in the United Nations are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General.
Staff Members are expected to move periodically to new functions in accordance with established rules and procedures, and may in this context be reassigned by the Secretary-General throughout the Organization based on the changing needs and mandates.
NOTE FOR PREVIOUSLY ROSTERED CANDIDATES
Roster candidates must express their interest and availability for published job openings by submitting an updated PHP and cover letter.
United Nations Considerations-New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity.
Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another.
The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity.
By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application. New International Jobs in Tanzania 2021 – Legal Officer
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date, March 4, 2021
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.