Are you searching for Irish Embassy Tanzania Jobs, embassy of ireland, tanzania address, ireland embassy in tanzania, finland embassy in tanzania vacancies?
Position: Programme Officer: Development
Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam
Our mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic well-being of
Ireland and its people. We do this under the political direction of our Ministers, through our staff at home and through our Embassy network abroad.
Read also:Job Vacancies at Songwe DC 2023
The goal of the Embassy of Ireland is to promote Ireland’s values and interests in Tanzania and across the Great Lakes sub-region, in line with Ireland’s commitment to delivering the Sustainable Development Goals. The Embassy seeks to advance Ireland’s values and interests through support for peace, prosperity and equality, with a focus on women and girls in Tanzania.
The Embassy of Ireland is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join a growing team in the position of Programme Officer: Development in the Embassy.
Roles and Responsibilities: Irish Embassy Tanzania Jobs
- Work in accordance with the Department of Foreign Affairs’ Standard Approach to Grant Management (SAGM) including maintaining files, processing grant payments and tracking;
- Work effectively within a whole of Embassy approach that underpins the 2022-26 Mission Strategy;
- Contribute to the Embassy’s policy, strategy and reporting relating to Gender Equality, Governance and Human Rights, including formulation of key messages and event planning;
- Represent the Embassy on appropriate working groups and coordination structures for Gender Equality, Governance and Human Rights;
- Maintain a strong network of key stakeholders in the sector, including through representing the Embassy in relevant working groups and coordination structures;
- Participate in Embassy strategic planning processes and contribute to cross-Embassy team work on Gender, Governance and Human Rights, putting women and girls at the centre;
- Contribute to work across and within appropriate Mission structures and working groups – in particular as the secretariat for the Gender Action Team and in coordinating the Development Management Team;
- Carry out additional responsibilities that may be assigned by line management from time to time.
Essential Requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- A graduate qualification in social studies, development, human rights or related discipline relevant to the requirements of this post.
- At least 5 years working in a Tanzanian national or international organisation in a field related to gender, women rights and governance.
- A proven capacity for delivering timely results and taking responsibility for quality outcomes.
- A sound understanding of key concepts relating to gender transformative approaches and women’s movement building; monitoring, evaluation and learning; governance and human rights.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A proven appetite for learning and structured approach to self-development / career progress Excellent communication skills including fluent written and verbal English.
- Fluency in Kiswahili.
- The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Tanzania prior to recruitment.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A sound understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural environments impacting on Tanzania, including a clear understanding of the relevant Tanzanian policies and institutional frameworks.
- Experience working in or closely with women’s movement and women rights organizations in Tanzania.
Terms and conditions of employment:
- The successful candidate will be offered a three-year renewable contract, including a six-month probationary period. Start date: 01 July 2023, or sooner if possible.
- Primary work location: Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam
- Working hours: full time, or 38 hours per week. There are 24 days’ annual leave. Occasional late working or attendance at work-related events outside of working hours is required (periodic travel will be required).
- The salary for the position is TSH 5,395,160 per month and TSH 70,137,074 annually, including a 13th month, paid locally, plus health insurance and training opportunities. Salaries are paid direct to a bank account; therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account.
How to apply For Nafasi za kazi Embassy of Ireland
Completed application forms should be sent via e-mail only to [email protected] with the subject line “Programme Officer Development”
Applications must be received before 17:00hrs (local time) on 15 April 2023
CVs or cover letters will not be accepted. (No applications will be accepted after this deadline)
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Depending on the number of applications received, short-listed candidates may be called for a competency-based interview informed by the Essential Requirements above.
- It is planned that interviews will be held before the end of May 2023.
- A skills test may be included in the recruitment process;
- A second and third interview may be included in the recruitment process; and
- A panel may be set up depending on the calibre of candidates;
General Data Protection Regulation:
All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines.
Security Clearance for Local Staff
Police security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful, this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position, they will be required to supply this information again.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy of Ireland is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.