Job Opportunities at CUHAS Bugando Mwanza 2022
The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC), provides training for over 3,000 students. CUHAS is currently running programmes in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Medicine (MMed), Master in Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing (M.Sc.PN), Master of Science in Clinical Microbiology and Molecular Biology (M.Sc. CMMB), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Bachelor of Science in Nursing Education (B.Sc.NED), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N), Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (BMLS), Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy (B.Sc. MIR), Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS), Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS) and Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography (DDR).
On behalf of the Effects of Anti-Schistosome Treatment Project, CUHAS is looking for highly qualified and motivated persons to fill the following CUHAS Vacancies 2022:
Position: Field Coordinator
Report to Site Principal Investigator
Essential characteristics: Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications,
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Nafasi za kazi CUHAS
- Medical Doctor (MD) who has successfully completed internship
- Experience drawing blood and performing PITC for HIV (certification in PITC ideal but not required)
- Substantial experience in conducting medical research
- Interested in pursuing a career in medical research
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication
- Commitment to working as part of a multidisciplinary research team
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good in MS Office applications especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good in preparing and writing reports
- Good in data analysis (experience with Stata statistical analysis package ideal but not required)
- Certification in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for the conduct of human research is ideal but not required. All candidates must be willing to undergo GCP and additional ethics training.
CUHAS- Bugando Tanzania Jobs Essential Duties and key Responsibilities
- Recruit, support, and follow up study populations
- Collaborate with and support all study activities conducted by the Effects of AntiSchistosome Treatment research team and other research teams led by the PI
- Ensure enrollment targets achieved on time, including coordinating recruitment at field sites outside of Mwanza city
- Oversee scheduling of the field team to ensure adequate staffing is available (parasitologist, nurse) for all study visits.
- Communicate with study participants by phone to schedule visits
- Ensure on-time follow-up for study participants and appropriate clinical treatment as needed
- Organize and submit receipts for reimbursement
- Coordinate and attend study visits at 2-3 other health facilities as needed
- Maintain research files at Bugando – CUHAS
- Coordinate with Bugando clinicians to provide clinical care for study participants diagnosed with infectious diseases, cardiometabolic diseases or other diseases.
- Maintain records of study reagents and supplies needed and available for study visits and purchase and organize supplies as needed
- Assist in the conduct of study sample collection, submission of laboratory samples, and study measurements including sigmoidoscopies.
Applications For Job Opportunities at CUHAS Bugando Mwanza 2022
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Application must be typed in English.
- All application letters must state the reason for the applicant’s interest and the applicant’s long-term career goals. The application letter must be accompanied with detailed and current Curriculum Vitae, a professional writing sample, all relevant certificates and full transcripts.
- Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
- The deadline is Sunday 15th May, 2022.
- Government employees should not apply
- Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS),
P.O. BOX 1464,
Or E-Mail to: email@example.com