Job Opportunity at UNIDO 2022 | Senior Driver/Clerk
Job Opportunity at UNIDO 2022 The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability.
The mission of UNIDO, as described in the Lima Declaration adopted at the fifteenth session of the UNIDO General Conference in 2013 as well as the Abu Dhabi Declaration adopted at the eighteenth session of UNIDO General Conference in 2019, is to promote and accelerate inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) in Member States.
UNIDO Job Vacancies The relevance of ISID as an integrated approach to all three pillars of sustainable development is recognized by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which will frame United Nations and country efforts towards sustainable development.
UNIDO’s mandate is fully recognized in SDG-9, which calls to “Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation”.
The relevance of ISID, however, applies in greater or lesser extent to all SDGs. Accordingly, the Organization’s programmatic focus is structured in four strategic priorities: Creating shared prosperity; Advancing economic competitiveness; Safeguarding the environment; and Strengthening knowledge and institutions.
Job Opportunity at UNIDO 2022 Main Functions
Under the supervision of the National Project Coordinator (NPC), the Senior Driver/Clerk provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work.
The Senior Driver/Clerk demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. The Senior Driver/Clerk provides driving services to the project/programme staff, consultants and experts and UNIDO staff on mission.
He/she will be responsible for the main tasks outlined below:
- To drive project personnel and on demand, other authorized people, in a safe, secure and reliable manner;
- To respect traffic regulations and the rules of the United Nations on driving in the country of the assignment;
- To daily and regularly inspect the condition of the project vehicles. To arrange for the regular professional service maintenance and repair of the UNIDO vehicles. This includes maintaining a high-level of cleanliness and ensuring that oil, water, battery, brakes and tyres all meet the authorized safety regulations;
- To log all official travel, daily mileage, gas consumption and oil changes, in an official form;
- To search and identify the lowest cost and most reliable source of high quality spare parts and service shops, in order to facilitate the purchasing of the parts;
- To ensure the security and guard the project vehicles;
- To ensure availability of all the required documents and supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- To ensure that immediate steps, as required by rules and regulations, are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- To deliver and collect official mail and other documents as required, ensuring that all deliveries and collections are made in a timely manner;
- To meet official personnel at the airport;
- To facilitate immigration and customs formalities;
- To carry out clerical and administrative assignments as requested;
- To maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality in performing clerical and logistical support services;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies | UNIDO Jobs in Tanzania
WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.
UNIDO Job Vacancies Minimum Requirements
Completed secondary education or equivalent. Driver’s training with a valid driver’s licence.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency and/or working knowledge of another official UN language, is an asset.
Field of Expertise For Nafasi za kazi UNIDO
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience as a driver is required.
- Good/safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good knowledge of the area and up-to-date information on current conditions of roads and highways.
- Proficiency in map reading and land navigation systems.
- Willingness to travel occasionally also to remote locations outside of duty station.
- Understanding of office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment.
- Experience with providing clerical support.
- Experience with driving government officials, other UN staff, or diplomatic staff is an asset.