Job Opportunity at World Bank 2021, World Bank Jobs in Tanzania, world bank tanzania jobs 2021, world bank recruitment 2021, world bank consultant jobs, world bank internship. Check also: Job Opportunity at Absa | Absa Jobs in Tanzania 2021
Job Opportunity at World Bank 2021 | World Bank Jobs in Tanzania
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 10/28/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Recommended Posts for you:
- Teaching Jobs at Braeburn Dar es Salaam International School 2021
- TCU Window 4 Applicants 2021/2022
- Ubongo Jobs 2021 | Ubongo Job Opportunities 2021
- How to log in Www.heslb.go.tz 2021/22 Account
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Duties & Accountabilities : Job Opportunity at World Bank 2021
East Africa Energy Unit (IAEE3) seeks an Energy Specialist based in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, to support the unit’s strategic, advisory, and operational work. Specifically, the incumbent will engage in analytical work and in investment operations in Tanzania – both mainland and Zanzibar (and possibly other countries covered by the unit)-, including supporting instruments targeted at expanding access to modern energy services. The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include:
As part of project teams, prepare, appraise, negotiate and supervise investment operations in the energy sector;
- Supporting teams on strategic energy issues and implementation of the sub-region’s access agenda, including efforts to maximize finance for development, and increasing the participation of the private sector in energy;
- Work with project teams to design and implement off-grid modalities including innovative financing structures;
- Lead or contribute to analytical work related to the shift towards clean energy, development of strategies for increasing energy access in Eastern and Southern Africa in a sustainable manner;
- Actively participate in overseeing World Bank-supported energy country programs in the region with the aim to enhance quality and pro-poor focus and accelerate implementation;
- Contribute to business development in selected countries (predominantly in Tanzania);
- Develop and maintain close relationships with local public and private stakeholders, support policy dialogue and keep abreast of developments in the energy sector.
- The Energy Specialist must be a team oriented professional with proven ability to carry out complex tasks as part of a multi-disciplinary team; capacity to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- A Masters’ level degree in engineering, energy planning, finance, economics, business administration or equivalent areas;
- At least five years of relevant experience in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to engage credibly on a range of issues in the energy sector in developing countries;
- Operational experience as a technical specialist with demonstrated experience on working in investment operations is desirable;
- Experience in working in the energy sector in Tanzania would be an added advantage;
- Direct experience in at least one of the following areas: on-grid and off-grid electrification models and their applications in a development country context; required legal and regulatory frameworks to incentivize private sector investments in the energy sector; variable renewable energy development and grid integration; approaches used in energy sector development planning; and energy efficiency and demand-side-management models applicable to electricity supply systems. Specifically, a good understanding of rural and peri-urban electricity access expansion approaches and their implications on the upstream/backbone electricity network is highly desirable;
- Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage many activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong partnerships with clients, different stakeholders and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with virtual teams located in different countries;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English, including an ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms and to engage in evidence-based dialogue with clients.
Required Professional Competencies:
- Knowledge and Experience in Development Arena – Translate technical and cross-country knowledge into practical applications and contributions to country and sector strategies;
- Policy Dialogue Skills – Anticipate needs and requests in the field and conduct independent policy discussions with representatives of the government and non-government partners;
- Integrative Skills – Understand relevant cross-sectoral areas and how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations;
- Energy Sector Technologies – Deep experience applying knowledge (hydrocarbon, power generation, transmission and distribution, renewables, and energy efficiency) to policy-related decisions and advice;
- Energy Policy, Strategy and Institutions – Proven understanding of energy policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations.
WBG Core Competencies : Job Opportunity at World Bank 2021
- Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions with others.
- Deliver Results for Clients – Achieves results and identifies mission-driven solutions for the client.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Initiates collaboration across boundaries and broadly across the WBG and brings differing ideas to the forefront.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across and outside WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
- Make Smart Decisions – Recommends and takes decisive action.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 October 2021.