Job Vacancy at Palladium 2022 | Technical Director
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. palladium group jobs
With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversiorkforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neuro divergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role: Palladium group jobs
Palladium is currently seeking a Technical Director to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award which is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the quality improvement and data use initiative to improve the quality of services delivered at health facilities.
The Technical Director will support implementation and expand the scope of the project , successfully implemented to date at the Council level, through the use of data in Situation Rooms at the council, regional and national levels.
The Technical Director will work closely with a Technical Advisory Group (TAG), composed of experts from USAID, PORALG and UNICEF, as well as Regional Health Management Teams (RHMT), Council Health Management Teams (CHMT) and project staff to leverage data from routine health information systems and existing quality improvement and quality assurance platforms, as accessible, to improve quality of services and institutional performance.
This position is based in Dodoma. The initial position term is 6 months, with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of national and regional situation room including clear implementation plan
- Serve as the Data.FI lead in TAG meetings, led by PORALG, to design, implement and refine multi-stakeholder regional and national strategies to leverage quality improvement (QI) principles and data use through integrated information systems to improve health outcomes.
- Facilitate technical meetings to evaluate and provide leadership for the application of different quality improvement methodologies and data use practices, seeking consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Work in collaboration with government counterparts to develop, refine, and deliver QI data use guidance, training materials and coaching modules, harmonized with existing health sector and other national policies.
- Communicate learnings from ongoing QI/QA and data use initiatives, as well as existing health information systems (HIS), identifying bottlenecks and making recommendations for programmatic and HIS enhancements to meet PORALG needs.
- Lead conversations with POLARG and other stakeholders to identify priority indicators for data use, including the incorporation of corresponding data into iMES.
- Oversee the development of data visualization efforts to support data use at the national, regional and council levels.
- Oversee the development or adaptation of orientation materials designed to promote data use at national, regional and council levels and assure implementation according to workplan and within budget.
- Promote knowledge management efforts to document lessons learned while harmonizing quality improvement efforts, during implementation and, when possible, across councils. palladium group jobs
- Supervise District Quality Advisor(s) and Senior Quality Advisor
- Provide budgetary programmatic inputs to Finance Director on a monthly basis
- Serve as technical lead of the project and deputize for the Country Director/Project Director as needed
- Other project management duties, such as:
* Developing or contributing to activity workplans, including budgets and staffing plan, interfacing with clients and staff
* Maintaining project documentation, including project schedules and training materials
* Contribute to progress reporting
* Ensure learning is captured and disseminated internally and externally
- Masters level education in public health, health informatics, monitoring and evaluation, or another relevant field of study; MD would be an asset.
- At least 8 years of technical experience in monitoring and evaluation, data use or QI/QA. Experience supporting stakeholders with key data analytics and data visualizations to improve data use and program performance strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with both PEPFAR indicators and Government of Tanzania indicators for monitoring HIV, FP, Nutrition, Malaria and other health programming.
- Considerable demonstrated experience developing and implementing joint workplans with multiple stakeholder groups, including high level stakeholder engagement skills; experience working with USAID, UNICEF, and PORALG in Tanzania is strongly preferred.
- Experience working at different levels of the health system in Tanzania, from the district to the national level.
- Knowledge of international and national quality improvement and data use guidelines, strategies, policies and innovations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training materials related to QA/QI, data use and M&E, including for training of trainers, for government audiences. palladium group jobs
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents, lead meetings, conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- Ability to travel 50% within Tanzania.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required.
- Must be able to legally work in Tanzania.