Job Vacancy at SFI Tanzania Ltd | Estate Manager
Job Vacancy at SFI Tanzania Ltd, SFI Tanzania Ltd, an agriculture and forestry investment company based in Korogwe and Handeni districts, Tanga is eager to recruit a professional, dynamic and hands-on Estate Manager.
- Job Opportunity at Sokowatch Tanzania 2021
- Various Job Opportunities at T-MARC Tanzania 2021
- Job Vacancies at I&M Bank Tanzania 2021
- SBCC Manager at T-MARC Tanzania 2021
- Job Vacancies at Tanzania Commercial Bank 2021
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the management of sisal production, staff management to ensure optimal output, adhering to sisal production and planting targets, adherence to Health and Safety standards and the implementation of Forestry best practices.
- Adherence to production and planting targets
- Accomplishes sisal production staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow to the General Manager.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established health and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure zero tolerance to sisal theft
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees as per HR policies
- Ensure zero tolerance to employees working under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Treat all company information as confidential
- Ensure zero tolerance to harassment and discrimination. Report such incidents to the GM
- Manage change and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Transparency of his activities to his superiors. Job Vacancy at SFI Tanzania Ltd
- Ensure all employees have contracts of employment prior to commencement with duties
- Manage daily production and staff meetings prior to the workday
- Ensure all employees have NSSF numbers prior to commencement with duties
- Plan, monitor and enforce leave for all employees. Submit leave forms to HR on a monthly basis
- Ensure disciplinary statistics are submitted on a monthly basis.
- Report injuries on duty to the SHEQ Officer
- Ensure medical statistics are submitted on a monthly basis
- Manage overtime of employees to ensure no abuse of overtime
- Ensure new employees are trained on company policies, procedures and safety
- Plan and submit training requests. Ensure all training is combined with an attendance register and certificate of training
- Ensure all employees adhere to health and Safety requirements
- Submit monthly reports to the General Manager
- Attend monthly management meetings
- Ensure minutes of meetings are kept for all meetings
- Attend SAT, TPAWU and TSB meetings when required
- Ensure effective management of illegal activities reporting
- Attend quarterly Health and Safety meetings
- Ensure fire statistics are updated.
- Foster a professional relationship with stakeholders and communities
- Ensure the labour camps are clean
- Report grievances from the community and employees to the GM
- Ensure all outgrowers and intercroppers have signed contracts
- Sisal Training and Development, Standard Operating Procedure
- Provide sisal advice/training to Field Supervisors when needed
- Coach and mentor subordinates on sisal best practices
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Attend training as and when required by SFI Tanzania
- Ensure that all deadlines are adhered to and maintained.
- Adhere to company policies relating to leave matters and working hours
- Ensure that there is a sisal standard operating procedure drawn up and maintained for each workplace activity
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Agriculture Engineering.
- 5 Years working experience in Agriculture sector.
- Extensive knowledge of sisal practices and agriculture legislation in Tanzania Experience with FSC or other certificates advantageous.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Leadership, staff management and organizational skills.
- Computer literate – Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, data collation and presentation.
- Working knowledge of Swahili and English essential.
- Valid driver’s license.
Reporting : General Manager
Job Location : Handeni District, Tanga Region, Tanzania
Remuneration : Industry related
Deadline : 15 January 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Forward application, copies of qualifications and contactable references to email@example.com
NOTE: if you have not been contacted by 20 January 2022; kindly accept your application as Unsuccessful