Department of Economic and Social Affairs Jobs 2021 | Intern - Environment Affairs, unep jobs, united nations, un careers, un department of economic and social affairs data, undesa located in which country, desa website, un desa report upsc, undesa full form
Department of Economic and Social Affairs Jobs 2021 | Intern – Environment Affairs, unep jobs, united nations, un careers, un department of economic and social affairs data, undesa located in which country, desa website, un desa report upsc, undesa full form. Check also: Jassie and Company Limited Jobs 2021 | Civil Engineer/Site Agent Jobs
Department of Economic and Social Affairs Jobs 2021 | Intern – Environment Affairs
Organisational Setting and Reporting
The Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) / Division for Sustainable Development Goals (DSDG) internship is for two months with an opportunity for extension to a maximum of six months, depending on the needs of the department.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The Intern will report to Senior Officers within DSDG.
Duties and Responsibilities : Un careers
- Assisting with the organization of virtual events and training sessions, supporting with the preparation of agendas, co-drafting background materials, and meeting reports, providing technical support to the moderator during the virtual event, supporting outreach, preparing summaries, reviewing participants lists and preparing documents to be posted online, taking meeting minutes for events.
- Supporting the research for the preparation of papers and reports related to the work of the Branch through the collection of data from multiple resources. Assisting in reviewing and analyzing data from multiple resources.
- Researching and organizing information and assisting with analyzing trends.
- Supporting staff with stakeholder engagement programme and partnerships programme. Review and approve new submissions to the Division’s online platforms for SDG Good Practices and SDG Acceleration Actions.
- Participating in virtual UN Headquarters events, as appropriate.
- Supporting the stakeholder programme in preparatory efforts to the UN Ocean Conference, the UN Global Sustainable Transport
- Conference among others.
- Supporting staff with outreach engagement, including on communications and social media.
- Providing support to staff with website content updates.
- Provision of general virtual office support (e.g. processing correspondence; maintaining online files and records in SharePoint; etc.).
- Other ad hoc related activities to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Competencies : United nations internship programme
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Languages : Intern – Environment Affairs
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the United Nations Internship Programme. Knowledge of additional official United Nations language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
When will you be available?
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization’s website.
To apply for this job please visit careers.un.org.