Welcome, Through this page you can check and apply Jobs at Global Communities 2021, global communities kenya jobs, global communities ghana jobs, international community jobs. Check also: 25 Jobs at KIUT | Kampala International University
Latest Jobs at Global Communities 2021
Senior Specialist, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH), Tanzania ID 2021-1889 # of Openings 1 Category Field – Technical Advisor/ Component Lead Country Tanzania
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities seeks an experienced Senior Specialist, Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (MNCH) to support an anticipated multi-million-dollar, five-year USAID-funded Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) project.
In close partnership with the Chief of Party (COP), the Sr. Specialist, MNCH is responsible for the overall strategic and technical vision in the areas of maternal, newborn and child health. Upon award, the position would be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with frequent travel to program areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee implementation of integrated MNCH program strategies in line with USAID and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Ensure that the implementation team has a clear understanding of the project’s technical design, including its focus on improving access to and utilization of integrated, quality, respectful and responsive client centered RMNCAH services at both the facility and community levels.
- Provide the technical team with adequate and up-to-date technical guidelines, standard operating procedures, quality standards, evidence-based models, and other technical tools.
- Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual, organizational, and programmatic levels in MNCH.
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify clinical and community health system issues that impede access to quality care and uptake of services. (Jobs at Global Communities)
- Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address access barriers and service delivery gaps.
- Ensure that social determinants of health such as conflict, gender, capacity and inclusion are appropriately addressed within the project’s technical strategy and implementation.
- In collaboration with the project’s MEL Advisor, help establish a monitoring system (e.g., indicators and data collection methodologies) to track quality and reach of program activities; ensure that lessons learned from project implementation inform field discourse and programmatic decisions at all levels and participate in the development and implementation of a learning agenda and research agenda for the project.
- Participate in periodic, structured programmatic and data reviews to guide adaptive management.
- Backstop and provide technical support to the technical managers of the program to ensure planned activities are being implemented with the highest quality and on time.
- Work with the program leadership team to articulate and implement a knowledge management and shared learning plan including defining implementation research priorities.
- Lead the design and content development of technical materials, briefs, papers and other knowledge management and visibility products.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience – Jobs at Global Communities
- Graduate degree in Development Studies, Public Health, or related field required; clinical degree/background required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience with 7 years of experience working on public health programs in a developing country context, preferably in Tanzania.
- Demonstrated experience with progressively increasing responsibility for designing, managing, and implementing complex health activities, with a focus on MNCH programming in low-income countries involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners; direct experience with quality of care and respectful maternity care a plus
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with governments, professional associations, health care professionals and communities to prioritize and address MNCH issues.
- Considerable experience with and capacity to collaborate with partners at multiple levels, including Ministry officials, NGOs, professional associations, civil society, private sector, and other partners working in the health arena. (Jobs at Global Communities)
- Proven capacity to effectively manage and mentor staff with varying levels of experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally, written) in English. Fluency in Kiswahili a plus.
Local citizens are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 15th August, 2021