This page will help you to check Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) 2021, International School of Tanganyika fees, International School of Tanganyika. Check also: Jobs at Mwanza International School | Teachers 2021
Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) | Swimming Instructor 2021
International School of Tanganyika, founded in 1963, is an international school in Dar es Salaam. Primary, secondary and IB diploma programmes
Title Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor
Category (cf Policy 5.101) Support Staff
Reports to: Principal
Department: Physical Education
Start date: Immediately
Summary of the Role
Under the supervision of the Principal, The Lifeguard/Swim Instructor is responsible for guarding their area of responsibility, responding to any level of incident around the entire facility, enforcing rules fairly and politely, checking and maintaining pool chemicals, being responsive to students and community members, ensuring safety, being patient and enthusiastic while teaching and holding productive lessons, setting up and cleaning up after lessons, maintaining communication and relationships with teachers and their students;
- 3 Jobs at DCMC Trust | Dodoma Christian Medical Center Trust
- Jobs at Mbarali District | Watendaji wa Vijiji 2021
- Selform Tamisemi go tz 2021 | Kubadili Tahasusi 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- (a) Experience: 5+ years’ experience as Lifeguard/Swim Instructor. (Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) , International School of Tanganyika)
- (b) A minimum Ordinary Level Certificate in Education with Lifeguard and CPR Certificate;
- (a) Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- (b) Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- (c) Knowledge of child protection and health and safety
- (d) Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- (e) Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- (f) Experience in public facility management
- (g) Willingness and ability to work collaborate effectively with colleagues
- (h) Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders
- (i) Experience teaching swim lessons or coaching swim team highly desirable
- (j) Strong literacy in G Suite
(a) Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
(b) Integrity and confidentiality. (Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) , International School of Tanganyika)
(c) Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
(d) Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities for Lifeguard/Swim Instructor will be:
- Work shifts as a Lifeguard/Swim Instructor and follow the expectations. To open and secure the facilities as required during your shift. Your shift times are stated as times to be on poolside ready for work, the facilities need to be open and ready for the start of each stated shift time.
- Maintain constant surveillance and visually scan assigned area of responsibility. Walk the area to monitor activities, provide instructions, and prevent accidents. (Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) , International School of Tanganyika)
- Provide general information on pool operations to community members. Caution swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards, enforce pool rules and regulations.
- Respond to all illness and injury incidents around the entire pool facility immediately and appropriately. This includes, but not limited to performing Lifeguarding skills, First Aid, CPR, and other until arrival of emergency services personnel.
- Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly pool, deck and restrooms. Inspect facilities regularly and report any unsafe conditions/equipment to supervisor.
- Perform pool chemical checks at designated times.
- Keep accurate records of pool usage, chemical levels, pool closures, etc.
- Attend and participate in all mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Hold productive and engaging swim lessons. (Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) , International School of Tanganyika)
- Set up and clean-up for swim lessons.
- Communicate openly and regularly with supervisor and team members
Perform any other duties as designated by the Principal
Particulars of the Search
Prospective applicants should be based in Tanzania and need to formally apply.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae which includes the names, addresses and contact details of three (3) referees.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to email@example.com before close of business on Friday, 30 April 2021.
MYP EAL position
Working At IST
We seek teachers who are passionate about educating young minds and who can demonstrate resourcefulness and flexibility. Tanzania is a wonderful country, with outstanding opportunities for individuals and families. Teachers who thrive here tend to be active and intrepid and are often called upon to show a good sense of humour.
We seek clear commitment to our school’s values of responsibility, inquiry, compassion, balance and diversity. We have a strong preference for candidates who have experience with the International Baccalaureate and who have worked successfully in a culturally diverse environment in a less developed country. Our teachers are expected to be able to use ICT effectively in their teaching.
IST takes child protection extremely seriously and always follows up with reference checks, including from the candidate’s current employer. In addition, all IST employees agree to our employee Code of Conduct, which can be read here. (Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) , International School of Tanganyika)
Tanzanian law requires those teachers and administrators who need a work permit to be under age 55 at the time of applying for her/his first permit to work in Tanzania.
Skills And Requirements
Your application will be reviewed in relation to the following requirements:
- Bachelors degree with a valid teaching credential
- Two to five years current teaching experience
- Experience of teaching the IB (PYP, MYP,DP) curriculum internationally is desirable
In addition to the above requirements, the essential characteristics are:
- Fluent in English
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Highly collaborative with colleagues and an excellent team player
- Passionate about learning. (Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) , International School of Tanganyika)
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with students, parents and colleagues
- Integrate technology in innovative ways in daily instruction
- Contribute to the school’s community service and after school activities
To apply for a teaching or administrative position, please review the available openings. You can submit your application by clicking the link for a specific opening and uploading your documentation through APLI.
Benefits: Overseas Hires
IST provides a competitive benefits package for overseas employees including:
- attractive U.S. dollar salaries,
- retirement/pension fund contribution,
- school fees for dependent children. (Jobs at International School of Tanganyika (IST) , International School of Tanganyika)
- accommodation provided with basic furnishings,
- medical plan (including evacuation cover),
- relocation allowance, home passage/rest and recuperation flights, and professional development opportunities.
How To Apply
A complete list of benefits for overseas hire faculty is made available when an offer of employment is made.
Deadline: 24th April, 2021