Welcome, This page help you to check and apply Jobs at SOS Children’s Villages 2021, sos children’s villages jobs, sos vacancies 2021, sos children’s villages uk jobs. Check also: Jobs at Neema International School Arusha 2021
New Jobs at SOS Children’s Villages 2021
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
You may be interested to:
- HESLB Public Notice | Taarifa Ya HESLB Kwa Waombaji Mikopo
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Majina ya Waliopata Mkopo HESLB 2021/2022
- How to Access UDSM Online Application 2021/2022 | UDSM OAS Login
- 3 Jobs at DCMC Trust | Dodoma Christian Medical Center Trust
Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world.
Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities.
SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa.
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Job Title: Alternative Care Coordinator (1 Post)
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing strong effective leadership to the affairs of the Children’s Village.
- Leading the SOS community comprising of children, youth, SOS mothers, supporting the children’s educational, emotional development and physical needs.
- Managing the planning and activity programs, as well as the financial and administrative function of the SOS Children’s Village.
- Ensure Child protection and safeguarding mechanisms in Village community.
- Monitor Children and Youth academics and performances in collaboration with mothers/parents.
- Representing the Village in the local community, creating local networks that support the Children’s Village program.
- Being a role model for the children, youth and mothers..
- This candidate should have knowledge and skills on partnership building with various stake holders such as Government officials, NGOs, FBOs as well as with the private sector
- In cooperation with the Program Director, he/she should be able to design and implement the project proposals in order to enhance resource mobilization in the village
- A working knowledge on HR and performance management
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Social work or Sociology.
- 4 – 5 years of relevant professional experience at management level.
- Experience in working with children/youth environment will be added advantage.
- Ability to work independently, self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
- The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and youth, by maintaining the required high standards.
- Mature personality (male or female), stable socially and emotionally.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Computer literacy
Note: The position requires the Alternative Care Coordinator to live within the SOS Children’s Village.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position.
Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 July 2021.
Job Title : National Association Members
Mission of the role:
The National Association members will be responsible for election and voting in the leadership of the organization, support the organization in fulfilling its strategic goals, receive information of the organization’s progress by any means of communication, actively attend the general meeting and participate in all organization activities, as they may be required.
Key roles of the association members:
- Receive and endorse the Chairperson’s reports.
- Approve the audited financial statements.
- Nominate and elect the national board members.
- Appoint and approve auditors for the next year.
- Elect and appoint an independent nomination committee that undertakes new recruitment of members.
- Partake on national association activities upon invitation.
- Approve changes in the statutes and authorize major transactions such as mergers and dissolution of the organization.
Personal qualities, values and attitudes:
Personal qualities and values:
- A collaborator valuing the contributions of others, able to create a supportive and safe environment for others in the organization.
- Capacity in crisis management, with proved resilience and stamina in times of internal or external crises.
- “Outside the box” thinker.
- Bold enough to take decisions that will help the organization move forward and thrive.
- An Individual with no criminal records.
- Passionate with solution based approaches for positive outcomes.
- Ready to contribute expertise, experience and know how to support the organization.
- Empathic attribute that promotes inclusivity and empowerment.
- A strong belief on meritocracy over paternalistic traits.
- Enthusiastic about innovative approach and change management for strong performance.
Minimum Requirements for association members:
- He/she should have knowledge of SOS Children’s Villages and given his/her support before, or is willing to be a friend of SOS.
- He/she is committed to the SOS Children’s Villages’ vision, mission, and values.
- He/she should be persons of topmost integrity with the ability to effectively probe and offer advice and solutions to complex organizational challenges.
- He/she should be an individual who is free from any conflict of interests that can violate the organization’s constitution, national laws and, regulations.
- He/she has competencies in one or several of the following areas: children’s rights and child-care practices, social and children’s issues in the country, and general management / management of nonprofit organizations.
- He/she should be an individual who will devote adequate time to the affairs of the organization to support the general strategic direction.
- An individual with the unquestioned capacity to represent the core interests of the organization both within and without.
- He/she must have a general knowledge of the UN convention on the right of the children.
- He/she should be able to pay annual membership fee.
Minimum Skills Required:
- A form four leaver to University / Tertiary / College levels graduate.
- Proven work experience in working and engaging with programmes to support vulnerable groups.
- Experience in engaging with children related programmes / projects.
- A track record in working with inclusive programmes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and ability to communicate in English.
- Ability to comply with our child safeguarding policy.
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace.
Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing applicants value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
How to Apply:
If you have passion to be part of the global movement to give a loving home to children please submit a 1-page Curriculum Vitae which indicates age, academic qualifications and experience and a brief motivational letter with at least three (3) traceable referees, applications should be sent electronically to Member.Association@sos-tanzania.org.
All applications should be submitted not later than 19th July, 2021 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.