21 Latest Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA), Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority operates in Tanga City. Check also: New Jobs at VSO Tanzania 2021
Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
The total population of Tanga Municipality (city) as derived from the 2002census is about 250,000 people of which about 86% live in the urban area and 14% live in villages within the Municipality. (Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA))
The Authority serves about 98% of the urban population with clean and safe water for average of 24 hours a day. The population served by the sewerage system is only 17% of the urban population.
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- 10+ Latest Jobs at Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
- New ARIS UDSM Timetable 2021/2022 | Almanac UDSM Timetable
- Latest Jobs at Access Bank Tanzania (ABT) 2021
The production capacity of the water treatment plant is 42,000m3/per day while present water demand is about 25,000m3.
Background – Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
The water supply system comprises of raw water intake at Mabayani Reservoir which is situated in Pande A Village about 26 km from Tanga, water treatment plant at Mowe and water distribution system of 330km. (Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA))
The Authority is serving a total of 15,337 customers with water of which 93.4% are domestic customers and the rest institutions, commercial, industrial and kiosks.
Tanga- UWASA provides sewerage services in Tanga city with objectives of safe guarding the health of people and maintaining the environment against the effect of unsafe disposal wastewater from Domestic, Commercial and Industrial centres.
The system covers 33.4 km only with 2096 customers and 14% of 15337 total customers
Bills are charged as per consumption through meter readings. (Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA))
The Authority is striving to be customer focused in its services provision usually provide Education to its customers.
The Authority participates in various public activities such as national festivals and contributing to various development activities.
In order to provide effective and efficiently services the Authority strive to get the latest Information Communication and Technology (ICT) to boost service delivery i.e. Billing Software, Accounting Software, Human Resources Software and Maintenance Management System. (Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA))
GENERAL CONDITIONS – Tanga UWASA
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service and where specified. (Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA))
- Applicants must attach an up–to–date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e–mail and telephone numbers
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement