Welcome, Through this page you can check and apply Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Kenya 2021, Embassy Jobs in Kenya, U.S. Embassy Tanzania Jobs. Check also: Jobs at Danish Refugee Council 2021
Latest Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Kenya
- Jobs at BM Security 2021 | Security Officers
- Jobs at Dangote Cement Tanzania 2021
- HESLB Public Notice | Taarifa Ya HESLB Kwa Waombaji Mikopo
- Latest Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) 2021
- Bodi ya Mikopo Tanzania 2021/22
Duties and Responsibilities
- The job holder serves as a Senior Public Health Specialist supporting DGHT activities and is responsible for planning, formulating, analyzing, evaluating, and/or implementing policies for CDC’s public health programs. Develops, oversees, coordinates, and manages new initiatives, special activities, and programs impacting various international public health activities, such as, prevention, counseling and testing, care and treatment
- . (Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Kenya 2021, Embassy Jobs in Kenya, U.S. Embassy Tanzania Jobs)
- Job holder works closely with partners within area of responsibility to support CDC’s public health programs, monitoring, evaluating and in some cases adapting existing and/or new innovative strategies to specific situations to ensure that program objectives are met.
- This leadership role requires an extensive knowledge of a wide range of community and clinical interventions related to HIV prevention, care and treatment programs and HIV surveillance, epidemiological, and statistical/analytical activities to inform Kenya’s HIV response.
- Job holder plays an essential role in developing annual program strategies, activities, work plans, budgets, and monitoring plans (e.g. the Country Operational Plan (COP/Annual Work Plans) and drafts regular progress reports related to program activities.
- Job holder is an FSN Direct-Hire appointed to perform inherently governmental duties, such as supervise USDH and Project Officer responsibilities. Incumbent reports directly to the Branch Chief Surveillance and Epidemiology Branch.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Doctoral level degree (Doctor of Public Health (DrPH), Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or host country equivalent degree in medicine, public health, health policy, epidemiology, or statistics is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current public health issues, disease detection, prevention and treatment activities, community engagement, disease detection, prevention and treatment behavior change, especially in the international public health setting, is required.
- An in-depth knowledge of the range of programs, policies, regulations and precedents applicable to development and administration of national/international public health program is required.
- Detailed knowledge of the host government health care system and structures (including familiarity with MOH policies, program priorities and regulations) is required.
- In-depth specialist knowledge of USG public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of prevention programs is required.
- Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities is required. (Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Kenya 2021, Embassy Jobs in Kenya, U.S. Embassy Tanzania Jobs)
- Must be conversant with survey design and questionnaire development and with data management programs. Good working knowledge of overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of cooperative agreements/grants is required.
- Doctoral level degree (Doctor of Public
- Health (DrPH), Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or host country equivalent degree in medicine, public health, health policy, epidemiology, or statistics.
- English Level IV (Fluent, Speaking /Reading /Writing) is required. (This may be tested).
- Kiswahili Level III (Good working knowledge, Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with national and international working partners.
- Strong leadership skills are required to lead results-driven project teams and workgroups. Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches is required. This includes the development of evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports.
- Ability to provide critical advice and assistance in overcoming barriers to program delivery and application due to economic, cultural, or political controversies or difficulties.
- The incumbent will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different settings, as the work is highly complex and can be threatening to stakeholders.
- Considerable innovation will be required to influence other collaborative organizations engaged in treatment programs to adopt appropriate strategies for their program activities. Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required, including Microsoft Office package. Keyboarding skills that includes accuracy.
- Strong skills in interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation data are required. In addition to the above, the incumbent must be trained in statistics with advanced user level skills in statistical software packages such as SAS, Stata, R or an equivalent.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.