Jobs Opportunities at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania 2022
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. Jobs Opportunities at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflictprone and post-disaster settings.
It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity.
As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
The purpose of this position is to ensure effective and efficient financial Reporting of BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania including its monitoring, financial reporting for external and internal stakeholders, financial management and planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES | Nafasi Ya Kazi Brac Tanzania
- Ensure the monthly review of consolidated organizational budget performance against the project’s budget, forecasting expenses and tracking the ongoing commitments against the approved budget.
- Advise the Head of Finance on issues, trends, and changes in the financial operating performance and operational delivery; proactively communicating issues that are anticipated before they arise.
- Support the long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the project plans.
- Assist the Head of Finance to ensure the activities are within the approved budgets for programs and delivery through collaborative working practices.
- Work collaboratively across all departments, field offices and Head office.
- Produce timely and accurate monthly and quarterly period-end reports and schedules for review with Head of Finance.
- Maintain financial records for each activity in a manner that facilitates timely and accurate management reports at month end.
- Support maintaining compliance with internal financial and accounting policies, administrative procedures and local statutory requirements.
- Code and post payment vouchers and general journals to the accounting system in advance of month end closure.
- Prepare timely monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate financial records that are appropriate and give the required confidence to internal and external users.
- Support the Head of Finance in ensuring all statutory requirements of the organization are met and tax remittance to the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) is done in a timely manner including filing returns to all statutory bodies and following them to completion.
- Assist the Head of Finance in the preparation of information for the annual audits.
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions and keep record of all scanned copies.
- Maintain financial accounting systems for accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash and ensure monthly reconciliation and follow up is made.
- Ensure that employees’ payroll and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and program budgets and actual expenses.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS For Brac Careers 2022
- Must have bachelor Degree in Finance and Accounts or any other related field. MBA is an added advantage
- Must have a professional certification.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to plan and manage a complex team.
- Interpersonal communication skills and team work
- Computer Skills, (Microsoft office application -Advance Level), internet, some maintenance and repair)
- Entrepreneurship knowledge, Skills and competencies
- English and Swahili Language skills (Fluent)
- Income Tax and Laws knowledge
- Finance, Accounting and budget knowledge
- Accounting framework particularly from IFRS and IAS
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience in accounting and finance role with an international NGO.
- Minimum 3 years’ supervision of a team of at least 5 people.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: email@example.com