UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. unicef jobs tanzania 2022
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dedication.
To assist in the application of TCO operations policy and procedures and timely implement support operations at Dodoma Field Office and contributes to recommendations on the improvements of internal controls systems considering the prevailing conditions.
Under the general supervision of the Dodoma Chief Field Office, in compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations, the operations associate serves as a principal support for carrying out broad operations and administrative support functions, which may include co-ordination of administrative staff engaged in fields of work such as HR, Finance, IT registry, Supply & Logistics and Transportation as indicated by the requirements and structure of the organization.
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution. At the GS-6 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
How can you make a difference?
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS.
• Supports organization of operations section meetings, including recording of minutes and/or notes at such meetings and any other Field Office network meetings related to operations, security and ICT.
• Provides operational assistance in relation to FO support by (a) collecting and maintaining records of approved and expenditure data on FO’s support budgets; (b) following up on FO’s operational performance indicators reports; (c) monitoring information and a trigger system for outstanding audit recommendation follow-up to ensure timely review and response to audit observations arising from FO and COs audits; and (d) maintaining a follow up action system to monitor country level Cash Assistance to the Government in COs to minimize aging DCTs/HACT;
• Support in HACT assurance activities.
• Obtains required information through searching internal databases, Intranet and/or Internet, and/or collecting from appropriate sections/ programme staff in FO and CO and prepares abstracts/background material which may be required periodically for operational, management, security and ICT meetings, events and activities.
• Maintain and update operational, policy, management and confidential files and records, including MOSS and updates for county office security plans.
• Appropriate and consistent interpretation and effective implementation of administrative & operational policy and instructions to support field office and Operations.
• Technical assistance and support in promoting and coordinating cost effective and best practices in travel management, conference management, equipments & property management.
• Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general operational and administrative issue and specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility and ensures follow-up action. unicef jobs tanzania 2022
• Provides operational and administrative support to Operations, Security and ICT Advisors and the sections’ internal management. This includes: (a) Organizing and maintaining concerned Advisors’ appointments, calendars, schedules appointments and meetings, (b) screening visitors, sensitive calls and responding to queries with discretion, (c) receiving, screening, logging, and routing correspondence, (d) maintaining follow-up and filing systems, including the shared drive as part of Knowledge Management, and (e) updating databases, lists, addresses and phone numbers for main contacts.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTAILITIES:
1. Analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the field office to ensure timely operational support is provided in general and specialized areas.
2. Supports management of office premises, establishes routine vehicle maintenance and supervises office drivers.
3. Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the Chief Field office and Administrative Officer. Updates staff on administrative policies, instructions, rules and regulations.
4. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative and operations procedures and requirements.
5. Contributes to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems considering the prevailing conditions in the locality.
6. Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, makes recommendations for follow-up actions, prepares reports and evaluations on general administrative, operational or specialized tasks.
7. Provides travel assistance to staff members for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies.
8. Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintains travel budgetary control records. Processes travel claims. Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to administrative matters such as security clearance and documentation procedures.
9. Supports procurement/management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles. Maintains inventory of office items. Establishes an office supplies monitoring system. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises and equipment are in accordance with organizational standards.
10. Facilitate in follow up and implementation of HACT assurance activities/recommendations.
11. Maintains inventory of office items. Establishes an office supplies monitoring system. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises and equipment are in accordance with organizational standards.
12. Maintains admin related hard and electronic files, updates data bases ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping, and disposal of information. Provide general logistical support to visitors and individual contractors for services and physical space planning.
13. Drafts estimates on field office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Raises Vision documents and monitors the field office budget in close collaboration with Dar es Salaam Office.
14. Maintains field office Petty Cash account (records petty cash expenditures and replenishment), maintains office asset register, ensures timely requests for office supplies, collects pro-forma invoices from office vendors & other service providers, liaises with Dar es Salaam to facilitate timely payments, supports financial forecast for the field office.
15. Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assesses impact of changes, and makes recommendations for follow-up action.
16. Prepares on own initiative, correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative tasks.
17. Participates in one UN Common services meetings and serves as focal point in the field office for HACT quality assurance activities.
18. Coordinate meetings with all UN tenants in the shared office.
19. Coordinates logistical arrangements including travel, accommodation and organization of events for the field office. Monitors staff compliance of office travel guidance and procedures.
20. Serve as a focal point for effective Supply, finance, HR Planning and Training management while upholding UNICEF core values at all times.
21. Provides exemplary management and leadership, motivating and developing supervisees to perform at their best and live the core values (care, respect, integrity, trust and accountability.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will need to have the following qualifications…
▪ Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to Finance, Business Administration, and Economics, Administration or other related fields. unicef jobs tanzania 2022
▪ Knowledge of finance is a distinct advantage.
▪ Six years of progressively responsible administrative and junior management and operational functions.
▪ Fluency in English and Kiswahili, knowledge of another UN work language is an advantage.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Nurtured, leads and manages people (1), Builds and maintains partnerships (2), demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (2), innovates, and embraces change (2), drive to achieve results for impact (2), manages ambiguity and complexity (2), thinks, and acts strategically (2), work Collaboratively with others (2).
To view our competency framework, please click the link below.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. unicef jobs tanzania 2022
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.