Latest Jobs at FCS | Research, Monitoring and Learning Officer 2021, FCS is an independent Tanzanian non-profit organization that provides grants and capacity building services to civil society organizations (CSOs). Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021. Check also: New Jobs at WWF Tanzania 2021
Latest Jobs at Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021
FCS was established and registered in September 2002 and started operations in January 2003. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
The journey for Foundation for Civil Society involved many development stakeholders including the government and development partners (DPs) who agreed that there was a lack of public resources to support civil society and hence explored the intent of setting up an alternative mechanism for providing grants and capacity building services to grassroots civil society organisations across Tanzania, both in the Mainland and in Zanzibar.
It is governed by an independent Board
It was established by development stakeholders in Tanzania.
RESEARCH, MONITORING AND LEARNING OFFICER
FOUNDATION FOR CIVIL SOCIETY
POSITION: RESEARCH, MONITORING AND LEARNING OFFICER
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF RESEARCH, MONITORING AND LEARNING
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Selform Tamisemi go tz 2021 | Kubadili Tahasusi 2021
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Latest Jobs at AUMS Tanzania 2021
Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) seeks to contribute to a Tanzanian society where empowered and responsible citizens realize social and economic justice and an improved quality of life.
Since its founding in 2002, FCS has grown into one of the largest sources of funding and capacity building services to civil society organizations. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
FCS seeks to fill the position of Research, Monitoring, and Learning Officer who will work under the supervision of the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Research, Monitoring, and Learning Officer will be responsible for maintaining a robust M & E system that generates quality information for purposes of assessing progress, making performance improvements and programming decisions, as well as accountability to development partners and the public. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
- The job holder will participate in the design of the organization’s MEL frameworks and information systems for the core program and other initiatives carried out by the organization. As a grantmaking organization, this role will also ensure that MEL frameworks for all grantees are robust enough and are aligned with FCS’ programmatic outcomes. Key products that the job holder will be fully or partly responsible for include: FCS’ theory of change, theory of action, results framework, data collection tools, and a data/knowledge management system. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
- The job holder will check all programmatic activities carried out within FCS for progress against set targets. She/he will also facilitate the collection of information and carry out analyses to assist the organization in its internal reflections as well as reporting. Key activities will include monitoring visits, support visits, desk review of reports, surveys, learning and reflection sessions, training assessments, research studies and others.
- Other roles: The job holder will maintain effective relationships with staff, consultants and donors where required. From time to time, she/he will provide administrative and technical support in the implementation of activities in the MERL department. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Professional Background: The ideal candidate will be a mid to senior level professional in research, M&E and related fields with over 5 years of experience. Expertise in implementing MEL in governance, economic empowerment, gender equality and social inclusion, disability and human rights will be an added advantage. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
- Education: She/he should possess a Master’s degree in M&E, research, social sciences, public policy, international development, economics, or a related field.
- Skills and Personal Attributes: The ideal candidate must be capable of working with dynamic datasets, programme frameworks and passionate about using advanced computer programs to analyse and present information to diverse groups of audiences. She/he will also possess strong analytical and writing skills in both English and Swahili. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
The Foundation offers an attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, career development opportunities and excellent working conditions. (Jobs at FCS, Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) 2021)
Method of Application
If you feel you meet the criteria outlined above, please apply in writing to the address below, and enclose the following documents:
A typed application letter stating why you feel you are the best candidate for the post
A fully typed curriculum vitae (CV)
Copies of relevant certificates
Full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail address
The names and contact details of three (3) professional references.
Closing date for all applications will be 15th April, 2021 at 15:00hrs Applications received after this date will not be considered.
The Executive Director
Foundation for Civil Society,
7 Madai Crescent Ada Estate Plot 154,
P. O. Box 7192, Dar es Salaam.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted