Latest Jobs at Kenya Ministry of Defense 2021, The Ministry is headed by the Cabinet Secretary who is responsible to the President and Commander – in – Chief on matters of policy. Check also: 25 Latest Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Latest Jobs at Ministry of Defense Jobs in Kenya 2021
The Cabinet Secretary is appointed by the President and chairs the Defence Council which is responsible for the overall control and direction of the Kenya Defence Forces. Chief of the Defence Forces (CDF) is the professional head of the three Kenya Defence Forces Services and the Principal Military Advisor to the Commander – in – Chief. (Jobs at Kenya Ministry of Defense)
He is also responsible for the control, direction and general superintendence of the Defence Forces. The Principal Secretary is the accounting and authorized officer on financial and administration matters of the Ministry of Defence.
- Selform Tamisemi go tz 2021 | Kubadili Tahasusi 2021
- New Jobs at VSO Tanzania 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- 21 Latest Jobs at Tanga Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA)
He/she is also personally accountable to Parliament for the expenditures of all public moneys provided for the Ministry of Defence. Commitment The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending and protecting the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also in providing support to the Civil Authority as per the Law. (Jobs at Kenya Ministry of Defense)
Our Mandate To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Kenya; assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency and disaster; and upon approval of the National Assembly, may be deployed to restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability.
Job Type – Full Time
Qualification – BA/BSc/HND
Experience – 2 years
Location – Nairobi
Job Field – Driving
No of Positions: 11
Basic Salary: Kshs. 14,610 – 16,250 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 (Once yearly)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry grade into the driver’s cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tire pressure, etc. (Jobs at Kenya Ministry of Defense)
- Detecting and reporting malfunction of vehicle systems; maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road; safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent qualification;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution. (Jobs at Kenya Ministry of Defense)
- Passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III;
- Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- Atleast two (2) years driving experience. (Jobs at Kenya Ministry of Defense)
Method of Application
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. (Jobs at Kenya Ministry of Defense)
The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke OR HERE BELOW
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary; Ministry of Defence, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road; on or before 3rd May, 2021.