Latest Jobs at NRC | East Africa & Yemen Jobs in Kenya 2021, The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises in more than 30 countries, where we help save lives and rebuild futures. Check also: Latest Jobs at UNDP Tanzania 2021
Latest Jobs at NRC | East Africa & Yemen Jobs in Kenya 2021
The Norwegian Refugee Council believes innovation should happen close to the problem. We also believe that innovation is culture not only execution. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
With this in mind, we are currently building an ecosystem where NRC staff can solve problems to generate value in new meaningful ways for the people we aim to serve.
One component is a new Innovation Garage in Nairobi, a resource to enable innovators to move faster, work smarter and innovate in a way that works for NRC’s culture and mandate.
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs at CCBRT 2021
- Latest Jobs at Naivas Limited | Cooks Jobs in Kenya 2021
- New Jobs at KCA University | Studio Technician | Jobs in Kenya 2021
To be successful you will need to have significant experience in the design and delivery of structured innovation processes, bringing ideas from conception to completion. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
You will have excellent communication and facilitation skills, and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse stakeholder audience. You will be a highly motivated self-starter with experience of working on a diverse range of issues.
You will be comfortable working with a diverse set of peers and managing a team of technical experts. You will also be able to bring your agile project management experience to building a highly functioning team. You will believe that teamwork and collaboration is key. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes shall guide our actions and relationships.
NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities.
We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in hard to reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact.
integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
We are looking to fill the role of Regional Head of HR who would be responsible for HR management in the region promoting learning and a cost conscious culture while maintaining a high focus on quality. The Regional Head of HR has the overall responsibility for the strategic development of HR in the region. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
Job – Regional Head of HR
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Scoping of work: responsible for scoping the portfolio of projects for the Garage.
- Product development: responsible for managing a well performing team of innovators to deliver the Garage’s innovation portfolio. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
- Networking and representation and advocacy: responsible for exploring possible collaboration opportunities with other actors (humanitarian, private sector, academia, donors), representing NRC in relevant fora.
- Conceptualizing and testing new approaches: responsible for ensuring that new approaches are conceptualized and tested based on identified promising practice in NRC and from other actors.
- Documenting what works and sharing learning: responsible for putting in place a sound framework to measure progress of the Garage portfolio in line with NRC’s innovation approach.
- Technical support: responsible for ensuring that technical support is available for innovators developing projects in the Garage. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
- Fundraising: Responsible for resource mobilization in support of innovation in the Garage.
- Lead on the development and delivery of Innovation Garage strategy and operationalize its vision in consultation with the EaY Regional Management Team and HO
- Ensure a clear understanding within the organization the role and mutual benefits of engaging in the Innovation Garage
- Document innovation case studies from across the Region and share lessons from Innovation Garage widely within NRC
- Conduct networking, represent and communicate the work of the Innovation Garage with external stakeholders. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
- Training: provide colleagues at regional and country level with training in innovation best practice and NRC methodologies, processes and tools.
- Assistance: support regional and country office colleagues in the identification and design of innovative solutions and their further development, as appropriate.
- Portfolio management: manage the innovation portfolio of the region, providing periodic updates to senior management on status and progress.
Professional Skills and Competencies
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Relevant Qualification to Master’s Level in a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Manager/Adviser experience Experience from leading scoping exercises.
- Experience in product development using agile methodologies.
- Experience in leading teams of technical experts. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
- Experience engaging and negotiating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to represent organization at a strategic level.
- Knowledge of innovation best practice and methodologies.
- Practical experience of scaling innovation in a challenging context.
- Understanding of use of technology and digital tools in support of innovation.
- The ability to code is an asset. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. French, Arabic and/or Spanish is an asset.
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Empowering and building trust.
- Working with people.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Coping with change. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
- Driving process.
- Ensure region-wide compliance to organization structure and offer advice on organizational structure process;
- Help countries with the correct organizational structure, size and number of staff etc;
- Conduct country visits to ensure that all countries comply with HR requirements;
- Lead the disciplinary process for international staff in collaboration with Global HR;
- Provide guidance on the
- overall benefits and compensation for national staff as well as ascertain the quality of country analysis;
- Drive Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts in the region. ( Jobs at NRC, Jobs in Kenya)
- Take accountability for ToE in place in all countries in the region as well as the Regional office;
- Support design and implementation of global HR initiatives;
- Oversee the duty of care to staff.
- Master’s degree in Human resources management;
- At least 5 years’ experience as Regional Head of Human resources. In addition, minimum of 3 years in country human resource management;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Arabic and French will be an added advantage.