Latest Jobs at Sumbawanga MC 2021, Sumbawanga as a Town started in 1929, when the district headquarters (“Boma”) was transferred from Nkasi to Sumbawanga Town. Check also: New Jobs at Tanzania Tobacco Board (TTB) 2021
Latest Jobs at Sumbawanga MC 2021
The name “Sumbawanga” originates from two Fipa words “Sumba” meaning ‘Throw” and “Wanga” meaning “witchcraft”. It is said the Fipa chiefs lived at Kisumba village, which was associated with witch crafts, before the “Boma” was relocated. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
The relocation was done during the reign of Chief Mwenechapita Mpunda under the condition that people discard practices of witchcraft before they move from Kisumba to Old Sumbawanga.Nafasi za kazi za watendaji wa vijiji
In 1st January 1982, Sumbawanga Urban sub-district was given the status of Sumbawanga Town Council by act No. 8 of LGA. The Sumbawanga Township was upgraded to Sumbawanga Municipal Council in July 2005 with 13 wards, 25 villages and 120 Mitaa. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
- Latest Jobs at Buchosa DC Sengerema 2021
- New Jobs at British High Commission | Jobs in Kenya 2021
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- New Necta Form Six Results 2021 | Matokeo ya Form Six 2021
However in 2010, the Municipal council ward boundaries was amended to form fifteen wards, where by Katandala ward divided into two wards of Katandala and Majengo. While Kizwite ward divided into two wards of Kizwite and Chanji. But, currently the Municipality has Nineteen (19) wards. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
Job – Village Executive
Location – Sumbawanga MC
- Applicant should have a Form Four and Form Vah Six Education.
- Applicant should have a Diploma / Certificate in one of the following fields, Administration, Law,
Community Education, Financial Management, Community Development and Arts Science from Hombolo
- Local Government College, Dodoma or Any other institution. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Chief executive of village governments.
- Overseeing the protection and security of citizens and their property.
- Coordinate and oversee the planning and implementation of village development plans.
- Secretary of all meetings and committees of the village council. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
- Prepare reports on the implementation of work in its area and encourage citizens to implement strategies to eradicate hunger, poverty and increase productivity.
- Leader of the heads of professional units in the village.
- Manage, collect and store all records and village documents.
Location and Size of Sumbawanga Municipality
The Municipal of Sumbawanga is found in South-West Tanzania, in South Highlands of Ufipa Plateau. Sumbawanga Municipal Council is one of the four councils comprising Rukwa Region; it lies between latitude 07048’ to 08031’ south of equator and longitude 30029’ to 31049’ east. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
It started in 2002 and covers an area of 1,329 km2. The Municipality has two divisions namely Lwiche and Itwelele, and has 19 wards with 24 villages and 121 sub villages. Sumbawanga Municipality is the headquarters of Rukwa region and it’s the economic hub of the region.
The municipal is characterized by dry sub-humid climate for most part of the year. The average temperature is 27 C. It is cool, dry, and often windy from May to October. The coolest months are June and July when the temperature ranges between 16°C and 5° C.
The municipal gets moderate rainfall of 900 mm to 1000 mm per year with an average rainfall of 646.8 mm. Rainfall begins in November and ends late April. The rains are usually accompanied with lightning and thunderstorm. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
Sumbawanga Municipality has vegetation coverage which comprises grassland and bushes and Woodlands mostly on slopes and tops of hills.
Population and Area
According to 2012 Population and Housing Census, Sumbawanga Municipality has a population of 209,793 people of which 100,734 are Males and 109,059 are females. This population has increased by 62,951 (43%) from 146,842 recorded in 2002 population and housing census. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
People and Culture
The major languages spoken in Sumbawanga Municipality include Swahili, Fipa, Mambwe, Lungu, Nyamwanga, Nyakyusa, kinga, safwa and English is also spoken by limited number of people.
With exception of English and Swahili, the other spoken languages are vernacular (specific to a particular tribe). The main staple foods are maize, rice, beans, and fish are the main source of food. (Jobs at Sumbawanga MC)
Other food crops widely available include groundnuts, finger millet, potatoes, sorghum, wheat and sugarcane. Meat is easily available from the pastoral’s community who traditionally keep varieties of domestic animals such as cattle, goats, chicken and pigs.
How to apply
For full instructions and how to apply for this job post just click the following link below