Are you searching for Job Vacancy at Planet Lodges 2023, lodges in tanzania,Nafasi za kazi Platet Lodges, Planet Lodges Vacancies?
Arusha Planet Lodge is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and home to various trees, plants and flowers that make an excellent habitat for various birds species. Being a quick 10 minutes from downtown, the Lodge boasts spectacular views of Mount Meru.
Read also: Geita Gold mine Job Vacancies, April 2023
Position: Lodge Manager
Description : Planet Lodges Vacancies
As the General Manager, you would be the bridge between all lodge departments, management, employee’s, and the Partners. While coordinating the operation, you will also ensure that the guests and tour operators “Feel at home with us!”
Directly and in-directly supervise all the employees and ensure proper execution by all departments and related duties.
Direct all the employee’s and co-ordinate the activities of front of house, back of house, bar, kitchen, laundry, guest services and maintenance departments.
Must have an excellent level of commercial awareness and be able to build and maintain relationships with local and international guests and will also be responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to the Partners and to help in finding solutions.
Responsible for the management of all aspects and functions of the lodge, in accordance with lodge standards and policies while also managing the Assistant Managers and their duties within the Lodge.
The General Manager is also required to assist in the preparation of the monthly as well as annual budgeting and forecasting processes and reports as well as being able to stand in for the Supervisor/s, of food & beverage, client liaison and front and back of house when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations through prompt, effective and proper service to achieve maximum room revenue to meet or exceed the revenue target. Implement and maintain lodge policies and the operational standards.
- Ensure that check-in procedures are strictly adhered to and that the correct contact details and charge out details are obtained from each guest.
- Schedules, evaluates, and supervises the employee’s, workloads, and shifts, and ensures a harmonious working team is developed and maintained.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments. Ensure that a safe and clean working environment is implemented and maintained in accordance with legal and lodge standards.
- Maintains master key control.
- Ensure that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Ensures that group and or FIT information is received and updated in the required format and with sufficient detail. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group and FIT requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel and follow-up to ensure that all communication has been received, acknowledged, and understood.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling as appropriate and demonstrate a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Provide positive direction for all day-to-day operations to all the departments of the lodge.
- Understand employee’s positions well enough to perform duties in employee’s absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provide guidance and direction to all employee’s, including the setting of performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to positively lead and influence all the employees.
- Demonstrate, problem solving, employee training and team leading capabilities.
- Pro-actively ensures that all safety and fire-fighting equipment are maintained and serviced according to insurance requirements.
- Ensure that an asset register is kept and updated when necessary. Pro-actively ensure that all the lodge assets and equipment are regularly inspected and properly maintained.
- Manage and motivate the employees to provide a high standard of service for guests.
- Welcome guests and foster customer loyalty through his/her friendly manner.
- Develop quality relationships with guests throughout their stay.
- Handles any Guest complaints or contentious issues that cannot be settled directly by team members to provide a quick and effective solution. Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently and courteously.
- Oversee and supervise guest arrivals and departures with all relevant support staff.
- Liaises with the Accounting Team in Management of debtors, group and individual guest invoicing and cash operations.
- Review arrival list for all arrivals, manage room allocations and special requests.
- Prepare monthly and daily revenue reports and present them to the Partners. In addition, manage and do daily updates, review receivables capturing and cash balancing of the lodge’s petty cash.
- Prepare room revenue and occupancy forecast, act on rate strategies.
- Observe and ensure that proper telephone manners are always maintained.
- Involved in recruitment of new team members in front of the house.
- Integrate and train employees, providing support for skills development.
- Ensure that all employees are well presented (uniforms, personal hygiene, etc.) and punctual.
- Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy. Conducts regular inspections of all rooms, public, back of house areas and employee’s quarters to ensure that it is properly kept and maintained according to the industry standards.
- Ensure that all public areas are always clean, well maintained, decorated, and equipped as per the Partner’s and industries standards.
- Ensure team members are current with regards to their knowledge of lodge products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of all systems and standard operating procedures of the lodge. Ensure that accurate records and reports are kept and up to date, in electronic and in hard copy format.
- Ensure that guest documentation and information are available and up-to-date and that such information shall be treated and or dealt with in accordance with the lodge’s confidentiality policy.
- Ensure employee’s uniforms are clean and personal appearance is clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets. Manage and execute HR administrative duties.
- When required, stand in and suitably execute the tasks and duties of the Supervisorsof food & beverage, client liaison and front/back of house when so required and ensure the proper handover of the duties and tasks to a suitably qualified substitute.
- Ensure that all departments stock levels are constantly kept at required levels, with reference to food and beverage (including stock rotation), cleaning and maintenance, curio shops, spa and administration needs.
Requirements: Nafasi za kazi Platet Lodges
- 3 – 5 years of progressive managerial and team leadership experience within the Hospitality Industry.
- Verifiable references from recent working experience in East Africa.
This role is open for highly motivated, competent and experienced Local candidates, Expats and/or Management couples. Closing date: April 20th, 2023.
How to Apply : Job Vacancy at Planet Lodges
Simply reply or email [email protected]
Kindly do not apply if you do not qualify. Only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.