Welcome, This page help you to check and apply Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst at UNDP Tanzania 2021, monitoring and evaluation jobs in tanzania 2021, monitoring and evaluation jobs 2021. Check also: Jobs at Absa Bank Tanzania 2021
Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst at UNDP Tanzania 2021
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism (MNRT)is implementing a project named “Combating poaching and the illegal wildlife trade in Tanzania through an integrated approach” with funds from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) through UNDP in efforts to combat poaching and the illegal wildlife trade in Tanzania.
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- How to Access UDSM Online Application 2021/2022 | UDSM OAS Login
- IT Developer at Capability BPO | Jobs in South Africa 2021
This project, which forms part of the GEF-financed, World Bank-led Global Wildlife Program has as its main objective to support Tanzania in enhancing capacity for biodiversity conservation at the national and local levels.
Component 1 of the project is focusing on supporting the Government in enhancing legislative and policy frameworks as well as its national wildlife crime monitoring system.
One of the outcomes under this component is related to the implementation of the NSCPIWT to promote the value of wildlife and biodiversity for Tanzania’s national development and to combat IWT through a coordinated approach.
Component 2 of the project will focus at the landscape level, by strengthening the capacity of Tasking and Coordination Groups (TCGs), in improving multi-institutional collaboration, and increasing their level of cooperation with local communities, business, and NGOs in targeted ecosystems.
Component 3 facilitates increased involvement of local communities in wildlife enforcement and monitoring activities and addresses the need for enhanced sustainable livelihood opportunities to reduce dependency on vulnerable habitats and wildlife within the Ruaha-Rungwa ecosystem of southern Tanzania.
(Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst at UNDP Tanzania 2021, monitoring and evaluation jobs in tanzania 2021, monitoring and evaluation jobs 2021)
Component 4 focuses on gender mainstreaming, supported by strong knowledge management, communication, and Monitoring & Evaluation. (Project Document will be availed for more details on the project). The project will run for a period of 6 years effectively from July 2020 to December 2025.
The MNRT through UNDP wishes to engage the services of a Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist who will assume the overall responsibility and accountability for monitoring, evaluation, performance management and results reporting activities for the project.
The M&E Specialist will form part of the Project Management Unit (PMU) at MNRT and will work in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator/Manager, Project Officer, Finance and Administration Officer, Technical Advisor (TA), as well as liaise closely with relevant staff at UNDP CO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The specialist will execute a dual but strongly inter-related function.
- He/she will be responsible for implementing the M&E plan of the project, developing relevant M&E tracking systems for the project, and supporting all project staff and partners in monitoring progress on project implementation.
- He/she particularly focuses on the documentation of lessons learnt and the appropriate communication of project results and learning.
- The M&E and Communications Specialist reports to the Project Manager
- Specialist will provide M&E expertise in the development and implementation of the M&E Plan for the project, assist in building the capacities of project staff and cooperating institutions and agencies to ensure that data quality standards are monitored, met and reported on a timely manner as per project Results Framework.
- This includes ensuring collection, analysis and reporting on sex-disaggregated and gender-responsive data. (monitoring and evaluation jobs in tanzania 2021, monitoring and evaluation jobs 2021)
- The M&E Specialist will lead in identifying M&E technical needs of the project.
- Make appropriate recommendations to MNRT/UNDP and relevant agencies cooperating with the project including the Global Wildlife Programme that ensures all planned outcomes and outputs are achieved, tracked, and reported. Lessons learned need to be captured, documented and disseminated broadly.
- The M&E Specialist will provide technical input to the implementation of activities with socio-economic bearing to achieve project outputs, and outcomes. Particularly,
- The M&E specialist shall ensure that all innovative activities are based on good socio-economic models and can be quantifiable to show the anticipated changes.
- The results of the project outputs and outcomes shall be captured, documented, and disseminated in technical reports and publications. Working with the Project TA, and technical officers mainly from conservation agencies (TANAPA , TAWA , NCAA , TFS ).Institutional Arrangement;Under the guidance of the MNRT and the Project Management Unit in consultation with UNDP, the M&E Specialist will be part of the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- The M&E specialist will report to the Director of Wildlife through the Project Coordinator as well as to UNDP country office for all project’s substantive M&E related issues.
- S(he) shall from time to time report to the Regional Coordination Unit based in Addis, particularly during the project reporting to the GEF. ( monitoring and evaluation jobs 2021)
- At the UNDP Country Office level, the M&E Specialist will report directly to the Head of Programme through the Programme Specialist responsible for Environment, Climate Change and Resilience Pillar.
- Job Knowledge & Technical Expertise in M&E
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Development and Operational Effectiveness. ( monitoring and evaluation jobs in tanzania 2021)
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Academic Education
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Socio-economic or Social Sciences with M&E related experience in the field of environment and natural resources management. Additional qualifications in Rural Development, Business Management, or related studies are desirable
Minimum years of relevant Work experience
- A minimum of 7 years of post-graduate professional experience in M&E related experience in the field of environment and natural resources management or related sciences preferably in Tanzania including the following:
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis.
- A strong background in environment and natural resources and having managed projects wherein systematic input, output and process data were collected and used to guide reporting of results
- Knowledge of sampling techniques and questionnaire design
- Solid experience in gender mainstreaming and collection, analysis and reporting on sex-disaggregated and gender-responsive data
- Substantive knowledge of UNDP/GEF programming tools for planning, monitoring including general knowledge of the UNDP Practice Areas, particularly Environment & climate change would be an advantage. (Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst at UNDP Tanzania 2021)
- Experience in designing and implementing M&E plans and trainings
- Experience in working with and maintaining good relations with government counterparts and programme beneficiaries (e.g. development partners, CSOs and private sector representatives).
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.