Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022, nacte udahili 2020/2021, nafasi za vyuo 2020/2021, nacte application 2020/21, nacte selection 2020/2021, www.nacte.go.tz 2020/21, nacte guide book 2020, nacte 2020/2021, udahili wa vyuo 2020/2021. Check also Online Jobs 2021 | Latest Jobs From Home 2021
The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) is a body set up by an Act of Parliament Chapter 129 to direct and facilitate the arrangement of professional instruction and preparing in non-Universities or Participating Universities in the country. One of the obligations of the Council is to guarantee that the preparation gave in Vocational Colleges in the nation meets the rules and quality needed in the work market locally and abroad. Check also New Jobs in South Africa 2021 | Finance Manager Jobs
Recommended for You
- University of Padova Fully Funded Scholarship 2021
- Best Jobs In Tanzania 2021 | Nafasi za kazi Katika Kampuni Mbalimbali 2021
- UNICEF Internship Program 2021 | Fully Funded Apply Now
- Waliochaguliwa Chuo Kikuu UDSM
Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
In fulfilling this role, the Council co-ordinates student enrollment in all technical colleges. The Council wishes to inform the public that the admission of students for the March, 2021 semester, in Diploma and Diploma courses / programs will start on January 15, 2021 to February 20, 2021 for all Colleges offering training at those levels.
This admission will apply to Colleges with limited admission opportunities. Applications for admission should be sent directly to the respective Colleges. In addition, the Colleges will receive applications and make choices for qualified students and submit their NACTE names from 21 to 26 February, 2021 for verification.
Applicants selected and certified by the Council will be notified by the respective Colleges from March 5, 2021. The academic term will commence on April 1, 2021.
The Council advises applicants and parents to ensure that they apply at Government-recognized Colleges listed in the Admission Guidebook for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. The Admission Guide is available on the NACTE website (www.nacte.go.tz).
The Scope of the Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
The scope of NACTE covers all tertiary education and training institutions, other than Universities and their affiliated colleges, delivering courses at technician, semi-professional and professional levels leading to awards of certificates, diplomas, degrees and other related awards.Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
The mandate of the National Council for Technical Education as derived from Cap. 129 is three fold and may be summarized as below:
Regulatory Function: to establish the regulatory framework for technical education and training, leading to quality assured qualifications;
Quality Assurance Function: to assist technical institutions to improve and maintain the quality of the education they provide and to ensure that their programmes meet labour market demand, by guiding and monitoring their adherence to the regulatory framework; and
Advisory Function:to advise both Government and technical institutions on the strategic development of technical education and training can be made. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
These three aspects are interrelated and together make up the core functions of NACTE; a process leading to quality assured qualifications in technical education and training in our country.
An exemplary regulatory body to oversee the quality of Technical Education and Training for National socio-economic development.
To oversee the provision of quality Technical Education and Training, through registration and accreditation of tertiary non-university institutions, and advising the Government on the development of quality technical education and training for the benefit of Tanzanians.
The mission statement is translated into the following three main objectives:-
(a) To establish and maintain the regulatory framework for technical and vocational-technical education and training, leading to quality-assured qualifications;
(b) To assist technical and vocational institutions to improve and maintain the quality of the education they provide and to ensure that their programs meet labor market demands by guiding and monitoring their adherence to the regulatory framework; and
(c) To advise the Government on the strategic development of technical
and vocational education and training so that it can make informed decisions with regard to policymaking.
- REQUIREMENTS TO OFFER DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- REGISTRATION OF TECHNICAL INSTITUTION
- NATIONAL TECHNICAL AWARDS
- EXAMINATION REGULATIONS
- ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION
The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) is a statutory body established by Act of Parliament, Cap. 129 to oversee and coordinate provision of technical education and training provided by non-university tertiary institutions.
Section 11 of the Act of Parliament empowers the Council to approve curricula, examinations, and awards for autonomous non-University technical institutions.
Effective regulation and coordination of technical education and training in the country mandated to The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) cannot be achieved if curricula for institutions do not address the needs of the society.
The reason is that curriculum plays a central role towards production of skilled, competent and knowledgeable citizens to meet the demands of the country’s social and economic development. A curriculum is ‘a well planned and structured document showing what a learner (student) is expected to learn and achieve in terms of skills,knowledge and understanding and describes all aspects of teaching and learning such as learning strategies, assessment methods and the intended outcomes from learning’.It is through curriculum that:
- Purpose and values of learning can be realized.Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- Curriculum contents can be identified to support attainment of desired competencies;
- Learners are analyzed against required competencies at a given level of training
- Activities, methods and media for teaching and learning are decided; and
- Means of assessment are provided in order to measure effectiveness of educational delivery.
NACTE has defined and established a range of National Technical AWARDS (NTA) to be conferred to various fields of technical education and training. These awards are competence base and designed to testify that the holders possess the requisite skills and knowledge necessary to flexibly apply competences in the relevant occupational sectors.
The enabling tasks and environment for one to realize the outcomes specified for a particular NTA level are provided through Competence Based Education and Training (CBET) curriculum. Hence, every technical education and training institution adopting the NTA system must have Competence/outcomes based curriculum in place.
Curriculum development process
To develop a curriculum that will provide required competences, it requires an institution or competent authority to pass through a series of stages which are;
- Curriculum planning;
- Conducting situation analysis;
- Formulating learning outcomes, assessment criteria, teaching and learning strategies for achieving the curriculum goals and objectives;
- Modularization and semesterization of curriculum; and
- Approval and validation of curricula;
Curriculum can be developed at either National or Institutional level. In either case, the procedure is the same except that apart from assisting institutions in curriculum development process, NACTE is also mandated to validate curricula that have been developed or revised by technical institutions themselves or through any other responsible organ.
Competence-Based Education (CBET)-Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
Scholars have identified four key points that make Competence/Outcome-based education work:
- Clear identification of what a student must learn;
- Assessment of progress basing on students’ demonstrable Achievement;
- Use of multiple instructional and assessment strategies in Order to meet the needs of each student; and
- Providing adequate time and assistance that each learner can Reach his/her maximum potential.
The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) is a statutory body established by Act of Parliament Cap. 129 to oversee and coordinate provision of technical education in Tanzania provided by non-university tertiary institutions. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
Section 5(1) (a) of the National Council for Technical Education Act, 1997 empowers the Council to register and accredit Technical Institutions capable of delivering courses Registration is mandatory (registration Regulations) (government notice No. 279 published on 26/10/2001)
NACTE therefore deals with many disciplines and sectors. The Council has clustered the various technical fields into four subject areas and establish a Subject Board to handle each subject area. The four subject area and their corresponding subject Boards are: –
- Business, Tourism and Planning (BTP)
- Health and Allied Sciences (HAS). Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- Science and Allied Technologies (SAT). Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- Teaching and Learning Facilitation (TLF)
Any institution applying for registration has to meet the following requirements: –
- Provide evidence that the proposed institutions meets the legal requirements for establishment of the same. This means being in possession of a document showing the establishment and ownership of the institution such as Constitutions; Charter; Article of Association; and Business license (where applicable)
- The applicant institution should also provide evidence of the extent to which the institution is viable to deliver training programmes, that is its ability to provide the intended training.Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
To ensure this the following should be availed to NACTE:-
- Curriculum for the intended programme approved by NACTE (i.e. market oriented competence – based curriculum, modular in format)
- Master plan of the institutions; evidences of sources of funding other than students’ fees.
- Adequate infrastructure, human, physical and financial resources.Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- Evidence of physical structure development or hire of premises.
- Evidence of procuring and /or plans for acquiring equipment and learning materials.
- Organizational structure of the institutions and
- Name and CV of Chief Executive officer (CEO)
The registration of a technical institution is granted under the following categories;
- Full registration: Granted to institutions that are fully operational and have acquired enough experience, human, physical and financial resources to ensure sustainability for running its programmes. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- Provisional registration: Granted to institutions have resources (human, physical and financial) of the first two years of the programmes duration of three or more.Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- Preparatory registration: Granted to institution that is still under preparation of establishment and are not allowed to admit students. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
Nacte Registration process
These are the procedures used by the council in registration process of technical institutions: –
- Applicant institution request NACTE to register a technical institution by official letter;
- Applicant institution Fill-in the NACTE “Form for registration of technical intuitions”
- Attach the relevant documents as pe (2) above and others identified in the form and
- Submit the request to NACTE. Then
- NACTE verify the application submitted by applicant institution;
- NACTE appoints experts from the relevant occupational field as verification team for the physical verification of the applicant institution
- The Council inform the applicant institution about the physical verification by official letter
- The verification team submits report to the relevant subject board for recommending the registration stage.
- The subject board submits reports to the Council for decision; NACTE inform the applicant institution on the decision of the Council by official letter;Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- NACTE grants registration certificate upon receiving registration fee. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
NB: An institution may have its application for registration deferred or rejected if it does not satisfy the registration requirements for any of the three awards or offers programmes that are lower than those falling under the ambit of NACTE.
Section 5 (1) (b) of the National Council for Technical Education gives NACTE the power to register technical teachers and qualified technicians teaching in registered and accredited technical institutions in the country. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
Requirements for registration as a technical teacher
For teachers to be registered they have to meet/possess certain minimum requirements.
1.Minimum educational qualification:
NACTE standards require that to qualify as a technical teacher one should possess educational qualification in the relevant subject area at least one level higher than the level he/she is teaching. The educational qualification in the relevant subject area must be evidenced. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
2.Teacher training qualification:
In order to qualify as a teacher one needs to have acquired instruction techniques and teaching methodology by attending a teacher training course in the relevant subject area and/or have attended Competence–Based Education Training (CBET) facilitation course. Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
3.Ability to teach:
A technical teacher with the ability to teach should possess a range of personal qualities that can operate in the four domains of Teaching/learning space; Institution; Community; and the Teaching profession.
In all these domains a teacher will interact with students, colleagues, parents and employers and should at all the time be expected to maintain high personal qualities for trustworthiness, honesty, reliability, sensitivity and respect for others dedications
The Council expects all technical teachers to be of good character.
5.Teaching and professional experience:Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
To qualify for full registration, the teacher will be required to have taught for a minimum period of two years. Practical or professional experience in the relevant subject area will be an added advantage towards registration which can be demonstrated by a range of evidence to include:
- professional development and in-service training;Nacte Application 2021/2022 | Nacte Udahili 2021/2022
- evidence of positive appraisal through increased responsibilities
- promotion and recent teaching service amounting to the equivalent of a prescribed minimum period of full time teaching in a comparable institution at appropriate NTA level.
Click here to register as Technical teacher