In this post, you will get all information about New Job Vacancy at Fairtrade Africa Tanzania 2022, Nafasi za Kazi Fairtrade Africa jobs 2022, Fairtrade jobs, Fair Trade projects in Africa
Read also: New Job Vacancies at TANROADS 2022
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa.
- 19 New Job Vacancies at NIMR Tanzania 2022
- New Job Vacancy at Vodacom Tanzania PLC 2022
- Matokeo Kidato Cha Sita 2022 | Form Six Results 2022 NECTA
- New Job Vacancy at The Europen Union (EU) 2022
Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
Position: Senior Programme Officer.
To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
About the Role.
To provide the producer and member organizations with pre and post certification support, conduct needs assessment, thematic trainings and providing coaching to ensure that these organizations grow to provide the best form of services to their members.
TEAM: Eastern and Central Africa Network (ECAN) LOCATION: Southern Highlands, Tanzania REPORTING LINES:
Post holder reports to: Team Leader – Coffee
Staff reporting to this post: None
SCALE LEVEL: Officer 1
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None.
Duties and Responsibilities : Fairtrade Africa jobs
- Organizational Strengthening Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public and government institutions, educational institutions among other stakeholders
- Understand producer needs and concerns, advocate on relevant policies to enhance FTA’s work with the local opinion leaders and decision makers
- Ensure awareness of the local trends, perceptions and players in the local community.
- Advise on how to manage risk and optimize on the opportunities
- Influence localized policies and perceptions in favor of FTA though the support of the Programme Manager.
- Support the identification of opportunities for programmes and projects development
- Support and provide advice to producer groups to enable access to trade and marketing opportunities
- Represent FTA in country and field events
- Support the needs and situational assessment of producer organizations and propose recommendations to best support Small Producer Organizations
- Support in provision of technical assistance to members in the development of business strategic plans, marketing plans related to business development and growth requirements
- Provide thematic training on issues such as; Gender, workers’ rights, pest management.
Post and Pre-Certification.
- Organize Pre and post certification training
- Provide support to cooperatives to prepare towards audit through trainings on the Fairtrade standards
- Support producer organizations in the implementation of corrective measures and follow up on performance issues.
Membership Support : New Job Vacancy at Fairtrade Africa Tanzania 2022,
- Implement FTA membership strategy and ensure follow up on membership issues with regional office
- Submit necessary reports on country activities as per required timelines
- Support and or, participate in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities
- Advise on member’s perceptions and attitudes towards FTA and the NFOs and other stakeholders operating within the region.
Academic Qualifications : Fair Trade projects in Africa
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture or related field
- Experience and Knowledge A minimum of 3 years’ experience in agricultural development
- Experience in supporting ethical and sustainable supply chains
- Knowledge of agricultural development and sustainable business practices
- Knowledge and understanding of Fairtrade standards
- Thematic knowledge and expertise in FTA’s priority areas.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good training and facilitation skills.
HOW TO APPLY For Fairtrade jobs
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website https://fairtradeafrica.net/vacancies-2/ Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name, and the position Senior Programme Officer.
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please call +254202721930 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as condition of employment.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.