Job Vacancy at SUMAIT University | Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Nafasi za kazi SUMAIT University The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) is built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by a charity organization; Kuwait based, Direct Aid (DA). In line with this expansion, SUMAIT wishes to invites
applications from suitable qualified Individuals to fill the vacant Academic and administrative post as follows:–
POSITION: DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR FOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION (DVC (AF))
The Council of Abdulraman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) seeks to recruit a Deputy ViceChancellor (Finance and Administration) from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian with excellent credentials. The Deputy Vice- Chancellor shall work under the directives of the ViceChancellor of the University.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor responsible for administration and finance is the principal assistant to the Vice-Chancellor in all matters pertaining to the administration of the University, including the administration of funds, planning and other assets of the University and will act as vice chancellor in the absence of both the Vice-Chancellor and the Deputy Vice- Chancellor responsible for Academic, Research and Consultancy.
The candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of sound financial and administrative policies needed by the University to realize its mission, vision and strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Planning, Finance and Administration shall: –
- Shall be the overall responsible for direction and administration of the Division of Administration, Finance and Planning of the university.
- Ensure the university Management is properly and promptly advised to comply with all statutory and legal requirements currently in force.
- Be accountable to Vice Chancellor in respect to matters related to Planning, Finance and Administration
- Supervise and maintain acceptable standards of staff.
- Provide leadership and supervisory guidance to the general administration and personnel management of the University.
- Advise the Vice Chancellor on all administrative, personnel, planning and financial matters.
- Ensure implementation of policies and strategies that support the realization of University’s overall mission and vision.
- Develop and implement University regulations, policies as well as adhere to national laws and regulations to ensure effective performance and delivery of services.
- Coordinate the design, implementation, revision and evaluation of the University’s periodic strategic plan.
- Develop internal and external linkages with other academic institutions, industry, government agencies, funding organizations and other relevant bodies that are beneficial to the university.
- Be responsible for formulating financial, accounting, staff and administrative policies and procedures of the University, prepare budget, and submit audited accounts.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned to him or her by the Vice Chancellor or by the University.
Academic Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Be a Professor or an Associate Professor of a recognized University with an earned PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Should have at least ten (10) years of proven experience in management, leadership and administration, three (3) of which should have been at a senior level from a reputable Institution.
- Should have good knowledge and skills of financial management and resource mobilization.
- Should have knowledge and experience in strategic planning and budgeting, policy making and implementation in higher education.
- Have an understanding of the relevant policy and legal framework for financial management for higher education in Tanzania.
- Should have good communication, negotiation and people skills.
Tenure: SUMAIT University Jobs in Tanzania 2022
The Deputy Vice Chancellors (Finance and Administration) shall serve the office for a term of four (4) years and may be reappointed for another term of four (4) years subject to the Council recommendations and approval of the Board of Trustees on evidence of excellent performance.
- According to Abdulraman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) Salary Scale.
Mode of Application for Nafasi za kazi SUMAIT University
Electronic (email) OR hardcopy applications shall be accepted. Candidates should send:
1. Hardcopy: by courier, a sealed application packs containing six copies of the following:
- Signed application letter.
- Detailed up-to-date CV including working contact details.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates, national identity card or bio-data page of their passport.
- Names and contact details of three referees who should be advised to send confidential references directly to the Search Committee address below. The references should cover the following areas; the candidate’s academic credentials, experience, leadership,
managerial and administrative skills and personal integrity.
- Envelope should be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC FA”.
2. Electronic applications should have all the above documents scanned and emailed with the subject clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC FA”.
3. Applications SHOULD reach the addressee below by 5:00 p.m. on 28 th April 2022 or you can send your application through Email at: email@example.com Applications should be addressed to:
Secretary to the Search Committee,
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.
Inquiries can be made through the above email indicating subject as “INQUIRY” or by
phone +255 718 822 781 during working hours