New Job Vacancy at NIMR Tanzania 2023 is now opened for all who passionate to work with World Vision Tanzania located in more than 10 Regions.
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. Nimr Tanzania Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza region. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance.
The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill the Senior Social Scientist and Study Coordinator positions under Gender Ideology and Cyber Violence Studies at Nimr Tanzania Mwanza Centre.
GENDER IDEOLOGY STUDY:
The study will explore gender ideology hypothesizing that, the performance of sociallydesirable masculinities among men leads to the misperception of peer support for women’s empowerment.
The study through quantitative data will examine the accuracy of norm perception and the social performance of gender ideology, testing whether self-reported beliefs are influenced by the presence of peers, local patriarchs, and men from the city.
Furthermore, the study through qualitative approaches will provide an ethnographic understanding of the beliefs ascribed to these groups, and reputational consequences of supporting or obstructing women’s empowerment.
Data for this study will be collected in Kisesa, utilizing the infrastructure of the Health and Demographic Surveillance System under the TAZAMA Project.
Job Position: Senior Social Scientist (1 Post)
REPORTING: The post holder will report to the Project Principal Investigator
Duties and Responsibilities : NIMR Jobs 2023
- To contribute to finalizing the study protocol and ethics submission;
- Take a lead in designing qualitative and quantities data collection tools;
- Take a lead in supervising field data collection for both qualitative and quantities data;
- Take a lead in the analysis of both quantities and qualitative data;
- Take a lead in writing and publication of the scientific papers from the study data;
- Present study findings in varied platforms starting from the community to the international levels
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Competence Nimr Tanzania
- A PhD degree in an appropriate discipline (sociology, statistics, demography, public health) and other related field;
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis;
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently;
- Commitment in working as part of a multidisciplinary research team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Experience working in rural and urban communities in populations with low illiteracy; and;
- Experience in writing academic publications.
TERMS OF SERVICE: One year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
DUTY STATION:The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre and regularly visits study sites in Kisesa.
COMPENSATION:A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget.
How to apply for Job Vacancy at NIMR Tanzania
- Application letters should be written in English;
- Applicants must attach certified copies of Birth certificate, academic certificates and other awards;
- Application letters should be attached with curriculum vitae which should not exceed two pages and contacts of two relevant referees;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; and
- Closing date for applications will be on 10th March, 2023
A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details should be included in the application
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check also: 10+ World Vision jobs 2023 Tanzania