Communications Assistant/Intern at Ifakara Health Institute 2022
New Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute 2022 , Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
- 15 Job Opportunities at Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute (TARI) 2022
- Best Jobs In Tanzania 2021 | Nafasi za kazi Katika Kampuni Mbalimbali 2021
- Job Opportunities at AzamPay Tanzania 2022
- Online jobs at home 2022 | online jobs for beginners | free online jobs
- 20 Job Opportunities at APHFTA, Project Drivers
IFAKARA is looking for a qualified individual to work as Communications Assistant who will join the Institute through an internship program. An ideal candidate is a communication professional who will be charged with assisting the communications head in managing official Ifakara website and social media platforms by creating, posting and following up feedback among other things; summarizing, synthesizing and presenting scientific work and results as required; and providing support in managing communications at events organized by Ifakara units, departments and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide coverage at Ifakara events on official Ifakara website & social media channels as required.
- Compose website & social media messages for different kinds of audiences as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Take/source photos and videos for illustrating website & social media messages, publications and other scientific work as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Design/present messages in appealing ways as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Simplify publications and other scientific work into digestible summaries for non-scientific audiences as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Design/present digital platform messages, publications and other scientific work in appealing ways as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Compile reports of publications and other scientific work monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually as required by Ifakara and international standards.
- Supervise recording (in video mode) of publications and other scientific work as required by Ifakara and international standards and support the posting/sharing of the same in Ifakara internal and external channels.
- Provide support in planning, coordinating and executing official Ifakara events as required.
- Liaise with the media, including maintaining contacts with them, and inviting them to Ifakara events as required.
- Prepare information kits (with all the necessary materials in such as press releases, fact sheets, photos, & videos/video links) for official Ifakara events.
- Guide the media at events, including ensuring their logistics and meeting all their necessary needs such as fixing appointments for interviews with Ifakara researchers as required.
- Monitor the media after events and compile reports (including clips and links to coverage on the event) monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually as required by Ifakara standards.
- Perform other communications support duties as determined and provided by the supervisor. New Jobs at Ifakara Health Institute 2022
Qualification and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in mass communication or related field is highly preferred.
- Diploma holders with proven experience and ability can be considered too.
- Idea in undertaking some job aspects will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently and under minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills – writing proficiency in particular is a must and will particularly be checked.
- Ability to interact with applications supporting by beautifying and simplifying digital communications such as “Canva” and “MailChimp.”
IFAKARA Health Institute shall provide transport and meal allowance only to a successful candidate as per the Institute’s policy.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above position requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday January 31st 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT/INTERN – DAR.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.