New Jobs at KCA University – Studio Technician | Jobs in Kenya 2021, KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service and ethical practices. Check also: Latest Jobs at UNDP Tanzania 2021
New Jobs at KCA University – Studio Technician | Jobs in Kenya 2021
Kenya College of Accountancy was founded in 1987-88. The study concluded that the Kenyan economy required an additional four hundred qualified accountants every year. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
From an initial enrollment of 170 students in 1989, the student population has increased tremendously over the years, and now stands at over 15,000 enrolled annually. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
KCA applied to the Commission for Higher Education (CHE) for university status in the year 2000 and on July 26, 2007, CHE awarded KCA a Letter of Interim Authority (LIA). Operations then began at KCA University
KCA University seeks to recruit a candidate to fill the following position. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
Job – Studio Technician (Film, Journalism & Digital Media)
The holder of this position will provide technical support to teaching staff and students of the Department of Performing Arts, Film, Media and Economic Studies in practical classes and provide creative support for film and media production activities in the Department. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up, operate and maintain equipment used in teaching courses at the department.
- Develop and update an inventory of all equipment used at the department. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
- Provide technical support in camera operation, lighting set-up and design, audio recording, balancing, mixing and editing, studio recording, sound mixing.
- Maintain accurate records of usage of equipment and studio in the department.
- Participate in the accreditation and implementation of courses as per CUE guidelines.
- Participate in curricula review and development as guided by the Faculty Board. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
- Initiate and forge strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in your area of practice.
- Manage available and assigned resources to ensure sustainability of programs.
- Represent Faculty in University committees/taskforces as directed by the Faculty Board.
- Develop and apply innovative and appropriate learning techniques and material which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
Qualifications and Experience
- Have a Diploma from an accredited and recognized institution in Broadcast Journalism, Mass Media, Film, Television, Telecommunication, or related fields. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
- Two (2) years production/studio experience in a reputable production company or institution or similar relevant industry experience.
- Be registered or registerable with a relevant professional body.
- Proficiency in camera operations, audio operations, editing software, lighting design with a demo/portfolio to show previous work.
- Credits in current or previous television shows, radio shows and films will be an added advantage. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge, skills and attitude of an ethical media practitioner.
- Excellent writing, language and people-handling skills.
- Professional student-centric approach to learning.
- Commitment to quality teaching and assessment. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Should exhibit leadership and team player capabilities.
- A strategic and critical thinker with ability to generate and implement new ideas.
- Demonstrate computer and design proficiency
- High standards of integrity. (Jobs at KCA University, Jobs in Kenya 2021)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th April 2021.
KCAU staff are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,