New Jobs at SNV Tanzania – Monitoring and Evaluation | 2021, SNV has been present in Tanzania for over 40 years. Check also: Latest Jobs at Coca-Cola Kwanza Tanzania 2021
New Jobs at SNV Tanzania – Monitoring and Evaluation | 2021
Jobs at SNV Tanzania, We aim to achieve inclusive growth and development through effective solutions with local impact, which are essential for lasting development success
Since the early 2000s, Tanzania has seen remarkable economic growth and strong resilience to external shocks. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
These achievements, however, are overshadowed by the slow response of poverty to the growing economy: the poverty rate remains stagnant at around 34% despite a robust annual growth of around 7%.
- Selform Tamisemi go tz 2021 | Kubadili Tahasusi 2021
- New Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
- New Necta Form Six Results 2021 | Matokeo ya Form Six 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) 2021
This apparent disconnect between growth and poverty reduction needs to be addressed, and we therefore focus our work in the Energy, Agriculture and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene sectors, in alignment with Tanzania’s National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Contract type: Internships
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
SNV signed a contract with the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS) to implement a 5 year project, branded as Climate Resilient Agribusiness For Tomorrow (CRAFT), in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
SNV, in collaboration with the other consortium partners (Wageningen University & Research, CGIAR’s Climate Change, Agriculture & Food Security programme-CCAFS, Agriterra and Rabo Partnerships), as well as supply
chain partners in several targeted agricultural value chains will promote climate smart agriculture (CSA) as a way to transform and reorient agricultural systems to the new realities of climate change.
The project will apply an inclusive business development approach for CSA, focusing on arable farming systems in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. CRAFT project aims for improved food security by working towards climate
resilient farming systems which increase productivity under changing climatic circumstances, while reducing food waste and losses throughout the supply chain. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
The project will deliver sustainable impact in the following areas:
- Productive capacity and income increased for 300,000 smallholder farmers;
- Business performance improved for 50 agribusiness/SMEs and 30 cooperatives for climate-proof value chains;
- Climate resilient sustainable food production practiced on 600,000 hectares
Overview of the Position:
The implementation strategy of the CRAFT project is based on complementary interventions at three levels: (a) farming systems, (b) inclusive value chains, and (c) the enabling environment.
Technical assistance and interventions meant to target project stakeholders (farmers, SMEs, cooperatives, private sector, financial institutions, government agencies, etc.) at these different levels will be done through five different work streams that will guide the implementation process to achieve the expected results at output, outcome and impact level.
These work streams include:
a) CSA practices and technologies for resilient farming systems and SMEs
b) Climate smart investment in inclusive value chains
c) Enabling environment for development and scaling of CSA
d) Learning and knowledge sharing (cross-cutting)
e) Gender and youth inclusion (cross-cutting)
The cross-cutting work stream for gender and youth inclusion will emphasize targeted interventions where needed to ensure equity and inclusion through gender sensitive service provision, promotion of household/group dialogues on gender labour division and income-related decision making, as well as targeted support to women- and youth-led companies and leadership.
SNV is looking for motivated Senior Interns (three positions) to support CRAFT project implementation in the agriculture sector. SNV offers an interesting, challenging learning environment for students/ young graduates to practice their skills and gain experience in the field of Senior International development. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
Key Responsibilities – Jobs at SNV Tanzania
Responsibilities/ Deliverables of the position:
- Farmers registry uploaded into MIS database for respective business champions (BC)
- Uploaded data on service provision – inputs (seeds, fertilizers, pesticides), weather forecast information, product buy-back
- Uploaded data on training – farmers, ToTs, seed growers, BC employees, service providers
- Field activity reports – back to office reports
- Quality MIS database – training, service provision, demo plots
- Inputs for CRAFT project reports
- BC quarterly progress report – milestones, results, workplans, success stories, photos
Minimum Qualifications and Experience – SNV Tanzania
- Degree in M&E, social sciences, education or agricultural related fields
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation activities
- Good skills in data capture using “Open Data Kit” mobile applications
- Skills in data collection, data analysis and database management
- Experience in data quality checks and assessment
- Proven ability in reporting for development projects
- Experience in working with agribusinesses or agricultural projects
Desired Skills and attitude – SNV Tanzania
- Ability to interact with smallholder farmers for sunflower, common beans, sorghum and potato
- Willingness to travel long distances in remote rural areas
- Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, ask for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili languages.
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change. (Jobs at SNV Tanzania)
Contract Type: Internship Agreement
Contract Duration: 6 Months six (6) month with a possibility of extension until December 2022, based on performance.
Expected Start Date: 1st May 2021