New Jobs at VSO Tanzania 2021, VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. Check also: 6 New Jobs at Medical Stores Department (MSD)
New Jobs at VSO Tanzania 2021
Type of role – Community and social work
Location – Tanzania
Application Closing Date – 26 Apr 2021
Interview date – TBC
Start date – June 2021
At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
- Selform Tamisemi go tz 2021 | Kubadili Tahasusi 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- 10+ Latest Jobs at Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
- New Jobs at Frostan Limited Tanzania | Maintenance Manager | 2021
We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
- Working at project location – In this role, you will provide on-site support in the project location and/or VSO office, (full-time unless otherwise specified) for a set period of time. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
- The person will work with the project staff, volunteer and partners to provide technical expertise support on Social Inclusion and Gender (SIG) integrated to FDP digital platform for coffee sector in the current context of COVID pandemic.
- Overall the assignment is aimed at building capacity of Coffee SSPP cooperatives and their members on women’s empowerment levels within coffee production and other agricultural activities particularly in the current pandemic context.
The assignment is aiming at reaching 1600+ cooperatives members and their leaders and ensuring the SIG approach is adapted to reach the and meet their needs within the current context. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
Skills, Qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behavior
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency.
This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Some background about VSO
Much has changed since VSO started 60 years ago. We’ve gone from being a UK charity to a truly global development organisation.
In 2016/2017 alone, we worked with over 7,000 volunteers from all over the world and from all backgrounds to deliver services that had an impact on the lives of almost 2.6 million people in the 24 countries where we work. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
Our programmes focus on the areas of health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We believe progress is only possible when we work together and that strong partnerships are crucial to delivering positive change.
That’s why we work with over 500 partner organizations, from local and national governments, to businesses, NGOs, funders, charities and community groups. Currently, over 30% of our people are recruited from within the country in which they work, and we continue to grow the share of community and national volunteers involved in our programmes.
We also send increasing numbers of volunteers from one developing country to another. However, our vision has remained the same; to build a world without poverty. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
Your application and COVID-19
We are continually reviewing our ability to safely programme and implement projects during the COVID-19 pandemic. Many local restrictions are being implemented in several VSO locations, which impacts VSO’s existing programme delivery.
We will continue to follow the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national governments to protect the wellbeing and safety of all communities, employees and volunteers. (Jobs at VSO Tanzania)
We’re continuing to build a talent pool of prospective professional volunteers so we can get back to supporting communities as soon as we’re able to.
If your application is shortlisted, a VSO hiring manager will be in touch to discuss the next steps and any changes to your placement and role.
You can read VSO’s COVID-19 statement and frequently asked questions about volunteering during the COVID-19 pandemic here.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY