Welcome, Through this page you can check and apply Senior Research Fellow at Feed the Future 2021 . Check also: HESLB LOGIN 2021/22 | Bodi ya Mikopo Tanzania 2021/22
Senior Research Fellow at Feed the Future 2021
SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (SRF)
SERA BORA, meaning Better Policies in Swahili is a 5-year (Jan 1, 2020 to Dec 31, 2024) USAID-Tanzania funded project awarded to Michigan State University (MSU) and implemented under the auspices of the Agricultural Sector Policy and Institutional Reform Strengthening (ASPIRES) NGO in Tanzania.
Recommended Jobs For You:-
- Chief Operating Officer at Alliance Insurance 2021
- Form Six Results 2021 | Matokeo ya Form Six 2021
- How to Access UDSM Online Application 2021/2022 | UDSM OAS Login
- Ajira Portal Login | Recruitment System 2021
- HESLB LOGIN 2021/22 | Bodi ya Mikopo Tanzania 2021/22
The goal of the project is to accelerate adoption of effective policies and programs that would promote broad-based economic growth, improve food security and nutrition, and contribute to poverty reduction.
ASPIRES seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Senior Research Fellow, and the head of the Policy Research Team in implementation of the SERA BORA project.
The candidate will lead various research activities, publish research reports and journal papers, participate in various conferences and policy dialogues and advisory meetings. This position will directly report to SERA BORA’S Policy Advisor and Chief of Party (CoP).
Remunerations will be determined by demonstrated research experience, track record of publications and salary history of the candidate. ASPIRES encourages academic staff in Tanzanian Universities wishing to take research sabbatical leave to apply for the position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities – Senior Research Fellow at Feed the Future
- Conduct innovative research on agriculture policy, food security and nutrition, and food systems transformation using econometric modelling techniques
- Lead the production of high-quality research reports and/or publications in top, peer-reviewed journals and ASPIRES/MSU platforms (policy briefs etc.)
- Lead ASPIRES policy research team, and coordinate related research, capacity building, and communication activities. (Senior Research Fellow at Feed the Future 2021 )
- Contribute to agricultural policy and impact evaluations
- Represent ASPIRES on various occasions, including at conferences and meetings
- Contribute to the the broader ASPIRES/SERA BORA project research agenda, write reports on program/project activities
- Develop new fundable research projects
Education and Experience
- PhD in Economics, Agricultural Economics or closely related fields
- Excellent econometric/statistical skills and excellent knowledge of STATA, SPSS and other statistical softwares
- Demonstrated knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques used in microeconomic analysis and panel data analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with large datasets like household surveys, agricultural surveys, and other socioeconomic datasets for innovative statistical and econometric analysis
- Demonstrated capacity to produce high-quality research for publication in top, peer-reviewed journals
- Strong team player, self-motivated and ability to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Experience with donor-funded projects is desirable
- Excellent publication track record in peer-reviewed journals
- 8+ years of post-PhD experience relevant to the job and demonstrated fundraising experience
- Major external recognition within peer professional networks due to publications and other leaderships activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong experience in building and managing teams
- Familiarity with the literature and demonstrated knowledge of research in one or more of the following areas: agricultural development and policy, food security, nutrition, and food systems transformation
- Field experience in conducting large agricultural and market surveys, analysis of national surveys and census data
and household data in developing countries
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to lead research teams
- Strong results orientation, demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with a high level of accuracy and the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent working knowledge of word processing, database, statistics software and spreadsheet software. (Senior Research Fellow at Feed the Future 2021 )
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the mentioned qualifications and experience should send an application letter, and CV with not less than 3 referees to email@example.com by July 30, 2021. Screening of applications will be ongoing as received until the position is filled.