Job Vacancy at TAHEA 2022 | Project Manager
TAHEA Jobs Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionists, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professionals.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better living Conditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma and Iringa region. EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming.
TAHEA Job Opportunities In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case-finding strategies at the community level amongst the targeted populations. TAHEA implements the project in the Dodoma region and Iringa Regions.
TAHEA is seeking qualified candidates to immediately fill the following vacancies: –
Project Manager (1 Position)
TAHEA Jobs Position description
TAHEA is looking to recruit a Project Manager based in Dodoma. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading participatory development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the planned interventions in line with the assigned project objectives.
The Project Manager reports to Programs Manager. The Project Manager coordinates people and processes to ensure that tahea mwanza USAID EPIC project is delivered on time and produce the desired results within scope and allocated resource envelope. S/he will also be expected to work closely with TAHEA Epic national and regional programming team, as well as the regional innovation team.
Roles and Responsibilities: Job Vacancy at TAHEA 2022
- Review the project proposal, budget, targets, key performance indicators and ensure that the planning is realistic (Measurable, Reportable & Verifiable), both in terms of budget and implementation. Develop detailed work plans and budget in coordination with the respective partners as required
- Assist project staff and partners to develop their plans in line with the required project objectives and deliverables.
- Support the project team by providing longer-term vision, strategic direction and appropriate planning aligned with TAHEA regional network plan.
- Review the project plans annually to ensure that they are realistic, both in terms of budget and overall project plan.
- Work with the concerned staff and partners to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Regularly review & track the project progress against milestones and take corrective action where required, raising issues with the concerned personnel as needed timely and professionally.
- Promote and maintain effective partnerships with the partners and beneficiaries.
- Guide and lead the project team to achieve specific goals, objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the project.
- Ensure that work is appropriately delegated and staff members are empowered to carry out tasks independently where appropriate matching their skills and capacity.
- Ensure efficient project management procedures are implemented to enable monitoring of projects and accurate reporting of progress.
- Ensure strict adherence to TAHEA’s ethics, policy and pro-actively encourage transparency and openness in all activities.
- Manage financial resources of selected tasks and components while coordinating with the TAHEA Jobs Finance
- Manager regarding budget control and financial procedures.
- Networking with Government and non-Government Organizations, and Private Sectors; Build strong relationships with the government authorities and arrange field visits and regular progress review meetings where necessary.
- Learn good practices from other organizations and reflect these in the project.
- Represent TAHEA in building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with relevant service providers, government, national and international development partners, local stakeholders and communities, private sector and funder Partners representatives for effective implementation of projects.
- Prepare project progress reports (Monthly and Quarterly) based on a structured M&E framework including a review on financial report and provide necessary feedback.
- Ensure quality monitoring data collection from the field and timely reporting.
- Supervise, coach and provide mentorship to the project staff.
- Assist in the recruitment of project staff (as and when required) Manage the performance of the project staff.
- Develop plans for capacity-building of the project team to enable the team to be more self- standing in the future.
- Support effective communications and joint working within the team and with other teams across the organization.
- Identify and discuss with Coordinator of programs of any potential future funding opportunities which present themselves in the country and provide advice on their suitability and potential alignment with the TAHEA strategic direction.
- Initiate and participate in developing funding proposals Other Ad-hoc Tasks Be cognizant of the wider implications of the project, working effectively with other TAHEA functions in-in the region: Finance, Quality team and program as appropriate.
TAHEA Vacancies Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (Health, Community development, rural development, Social Science, Management, Business Administration, international development, Project Management etc.).
- At least five (5) years’ experience in managing projects funded by international agencies or development partners.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a management position with Local or international organizations.
- Understanding of priority, key and vulnerable population programing and related policies and guidelines.
- Track record of delivering project goals within deadlines and budgets across public and private sectors and with NGOs. Demonstrable track record of effectively building and sustaining key external and internal relationships at community, utility and governmental levels to realize project goals. Leading and managing project teams of stakeholders including staff.
Specific Job Requirements | TAHEA Tanzania Jobs
- Ability to work independently and lead diverse multi-disciplinary team; stakeholder management skills.
- Project management skills including strategy, planning, setting objectives and planning to meet those objectives, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budgeting, financial management and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to define new projects, establish overall scope and budget able to influence at senior management level, take a strategic outlook and to manage change where necessary empowering project staff and others to strengthen their capacity and capability through mentoring and coaching.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills, able to work well under pressure both proactively and prioritize a challenging workload.
- Good communication skills; able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise way to non-technical managers both in writing and verbally and to provide professional advice with confidence and tact.
- Motivating and developing teams, including performance management and appraisals.
- Collaborative approach to partnership working in a cross-cultural context; a team player, with strong problem-solving ability.
Mode of Application & Instructions For Nafasi za kazi TAHEA
- Applications are to be lodged through email: [email protected]
- Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
- All applicants MUST attach a cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates in ONE file as supporting documents to their Phone Calls are strictly not allowed, the applicant could be automatically disqualified.
- All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Thursday, 28th April, 2022