Job Vacancies at UCSF 2022 | Accounting and Finance Officer
UCSF Jobs The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) receives funding for research and training activities in Tanzania, including funding through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs).
UCSF jobs is recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO ‘Global Programs’ to serve as an Accounting and Finance Officer for our Dar es Salaam office. This is a full-time position with a contract through 29th September 2022 and the possibility of extension subject to continued funding. The position reports to the Finance and Operations Manager and is expected to start 1 June 2022.
Position: Accounting and Finance Officer
Main duties and responsibilities: UCSF Jobs in Tanzania
The incumbent will be responsible for providing accounting, procurement, payroll and general administration support to programs and projects supported by Global Programs Tanzania. She/he will collaborate with the San Francisco-based Global Programs Operations team to support finance-related activities needs.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Record and update the register to track payments daily.
- Prepare documentation daily on DocuSign, for approvals.
- Request statements and tax invoices monthly from creditors and perform creditor reconciliations.
- Maintain company petty cash daily.
- Process invoices and prepare payment vouchers and advances while ensuring completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity.
- Review travel and other advance requests daily and close out the advances monthly.
- Work with HR to coordinate payroll processing and related remittances.
- Input accounting data into the financial management system.
- Review bank account activity daily and generate reconciliations monthly.
- Work with the Finance and Operations Manager to generate monthly financial statements as well as other statements and reports as requested.
- Maintain finance and accounting files for the office.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors to provide information as requested.
- Ensure compliance with finance, procurement and related manuals and policies and propose changes as needed.
- Manage and report on all reconciliations reports per quarter.
Initiate online bank payments and write cheques (Monthly salaries, monthly payments, ad hoc payments, project support payments, procurement payments).
- Coordinate payment approvals with account signatories.
- Serve as the primary financial communicator with vendors and staff on payments (external communication, project staff, internal staff, suppliers, financial analysts, auditors, head office, etc.)
- Review all purchase requisitions.
- Verify that all approvals are received, and that purchase conforms to US government funding regulations.
- Support and monitor maintenance of vendor agreements, asset register and inventory of office supplies.
- Participate in budget preparation and cash flow projections.
- Generate budget performance reports and variance reports monthly and on request.
- Develop and maintain files and reports for inter-office use as required.
- Provide information and assistance to staff as required.
- Assist Finance and Operations Manager with various duties and special assignments.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications: ucsf career center
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from any recognized institution.
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, preferably in non-profit and/or PEPFAR organizations.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Excel and working with data sets.
- Working knowledge of or the ability to learn and use database applications.
- Must be able to set up and maintain moderately complex filing systems and records.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively in a multi-cultural, internationally based team setting.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili are required.
Other desired skills/qualities: ucsf jobs login
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings as required (in order to liaise with colleagues abroad).
- Ability to travel in-country to support project activities.
How To Apply For ucsf campus jobs
Job Vacancies at UCSF 2022 must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
- A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees, one of which must be the current employer
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- All attachments should be in PDF
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by April 30,2022.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.