New UNFPA Jobs in 2021- Gender Coordination Specialist
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNFPA Technical Advisor – Gender Equality or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Gender Analyst will:
- Provide secretariat support to the Development Partners Group – Gender Equality (DPG GE) to enable achievement of the overall objective of the DPG GE to support the enhancement of gender equality and women’s empowerment (GEWE) among Development Partners and other key stakeholders in Tanzania (60% of allocated working hours).
- Identify and facilitate engagement opportunities for the group in key GEWE national/regional/international processes, dialogues and events. New UNFPA Jobs in 2021- Gender Coordination Specialist
- Create, maintain and share a calendar of Gender related international and national events.
- Enhance engagement of the group with the Gender Mainstreaming Working Group-Macro Policy (GMWG-MP-Mainland) through attendance of meetings and preparation of briefing notes when relevant for dissemination to the DPG GE members.
- Technical support to the current, outgoing and incoming chairs in communication with the DPG GE and meetings with government officials and other stakeholders. New UNFPA Jobs in 2021- Gender Coordination Specialist
- Plan and organise DPG GE coordination and planning meetings by preparing and sharing meeting agenda, matters arising, minutes, invitations to meetings, key documents to facilitate the meetings and organising and providing TA to external stakeholders to make GE presentations to the group.
- Ensure efficient coordination of the group by supporting the chairs in various task forces to update the group’s work plan as will be required. New UNFPA Jobs in 2021- Gender Coordination Specialist
- Facilitate and catalyse multi-disciplinary thinking, analyses and approaches to the resolution of identified GEWE issues.
- Attend strategic trainings to contribute to strengthening GEWE knowledge of the group and with relevant stakeholders, and to form and maintain strategic linkages.
- Strengthen coherence amongst the group through information sharing on GEWE.
- Update the DPG GE web page. New UNFPA Jobs in 2021- Gender Coordination Specialist
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor or chair of the DPG GE.
- Support the UNFPA Gender Unit for advocacy, research, coordination and communication (40% of allocated working hours).
- Analyse policy documents and preparation of environmental scanning and in-house briefings to guide UNFPA’s advocacy efforts in relation to GBV and harmful practices.
- Assist in conceptualization, design, data collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative research and evidence generation supported by UNFPA to advance prevention and response to GBV and harmful practices.
- Support the documentation of case studies and lessons learned.
- Creation of communication content to amplify UNFPA’s mandate on GBV and harmful practices, to create visibility for UNFPA on commemorative days, during campaigns and for special events; and create reports on all activities.
- Supports capacity building and knowledge sharing for Implementing Partners on GBV and harmful practices programme.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in social sciences, sociology, anthropology, gender and development studies, community development, public health or other related social sciences
- At least two years professional experience in working on gender equality and women empowerment.
- Demonstrated experience and a thorough understanding of government systems (national, sub-national), development partners and civil society structures in Tanzania, especially in the areas of gender equality and women’s empowerment, gender based violence and harmful practices planning and programming.
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy, campaigns management, communications and international relations is a strong advantage. New UNFPA Jobs in 2021- Gender Coordination Specialist
- Demonstrated experience in research design and data collection, analysis and presentation are strong advantages.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Adaptability and Flexibility,
- Building Trust,
- Commitment and Motivation,
- Commitment to Continuous Learning,
- Creativity, New UNFPA Jobs in 2021- Gender Coordination Specialist
- Ethics and Values,
- Judgement and Decision-making,
- Knowledge Sharing,
- Managing Performance,
- Planning and Organizing,
- Respect for Diversity,
- Technological Awareness,
- Vision and Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
- Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 07 February 2021