Welcome, This page help you to check University of the Witwatersrand’s WHO/TDR 2022 Training Scholarships in Implementation Science (Full Funded) Check also: Fully Funded | Radcliffe Institute Fellowship Program at Harvard University 2022/2023
University of the Witwatersrand’s WHO/TDR 2022 Postgraduate Training Scholarships in Implementation Science (Fully Funded)
The University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full-time funded Master Degree Programme in the field of Implementation Science. (University of the Witwatersrand’s WHO/TDR)
The scholarship is provided by TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases – hosted at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Fully Funded | Radcliffe Institute Fellowship Program at Harvard University 2022/2023
- HESLB Public Notice | Taarifa Ya HESLB Kwa Waombaji Mikopo
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Ajira Portal Login | Recruitment System 2021
- How to Register in Ajira Portal 2021 | Kujisajili na Ajira Portal
The goal of the scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity in implementation research and boost the number of researchers in low- and middle-income countries.
The focus is on implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including the neglected tropical diseases, malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/TB co-infection and COVID-19.
The training isfocused on courses relevant to a career in implementation science. Implementation science is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle-income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most.
DEGREE PROGRAMME ON OFFER
- MSc Epidemiology in the field of Implementation Science (18 months full-time).
- Be resident in and a national of a low- or middle-income country1 in the WHO African Region
- Be under the age of 35.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty
- Be proficient in English.
- Meet the Programme’s requirements.
The scheme will provide full scholarships for Masters in the 2022 academic year and covers the
- Return economy airfare between the candidate’s home country and Johannesburg, South Africa
- Tuition fees
- Basic medical and accident insurance
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation
- Support for research project expenses
HOW TO APPLY
The application process is two-fold and each MUST be completed separately
1. Application to the University of the Witwatersrand
Apply by completing a University of the Witwatersrand postgraduate application form online at:
http://www.wits.ac.za/postgraduate/applications/ Application fee is R200 for both
international and local applications.
The application deadline is 31 July 2021.
2. Applicants should also note to:
i) apply for accommodation at https://www.wits.ac.za/accommodation/applications/
Accommodation application deadline is 30 October 2021.
ii) Apply to the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) at:
http://www.saqa.org.za/index.php if with foreign certificates, to have certificates
evaluated. The SAQA certificate or evidence of application MUST be uploaded as part of
the required application documents.
Application Deadline: July 31st 2021.
For More Information: