UNOPS Jobs 2021 | Regional Health & Safety Specialists, Copenhagen, Un jobs in Dar es Salaam, UNOPS Kenya, UNOPS Jobs, UNOPS login, UN jobs, UN jobs Tanzania. Check also: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Jobs 2021 | Underground Mining Safety Trainer
UNOPS Jobs 2021 | Regional Health & Safety Specialists, Copenhagen
UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects.
Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
You may interested for:
- How to Access UDSM Online Application 2021/2022 | UDSM OAS Login
- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Jobs 2021 | Underground Mining Safety Trainer
- Sokoine University (SUA) Online Application 2021/2022
- Udom Admission 2021/2022 | UDOM Online Registration System
- Absa Bank Jobs 2021 | Manager, Mobile Lending and Analytics
As part of its duty of care, UNOPS commits to ensuring that people do not fall sick or sustain injuries when the organization carries out its operations. In line with its Health and Safety improvement initiative.
UNOPS has introduced a Zero tolerance approach to poor health and safety performance and is recruiting two (2) Health and Safety Specialists to support the implementation of the UNOPS health and safety system and requirements in Africa.
Regional Health & Safety Specialists
The persons hired will support the country teams under the regional office to develop technical competence, effectively monitor implementation and address the absence of adequate health and safety controls in workplaces.
The duties of the Health and Safety Specialist will include extensive travel from site to site from one country to another as necessary to review and correct poor practices in countries where UNOPS has significant infrastructure operations.
This position reports to the Regional Infrastructure and Project Management Advisor.
We are recruiting 2 Health and Safety Specialists to join UNOPS Africa Regional Office in Copenhagen, Denmark with expected frequent travel in Africa (estimated 75% of the time)
- For one position: Full working knowledge of English is required.
- other position: Full working knowledge of both English and French is required.
Expected results: Significantly increase awareness on health and safety, ensure implementation of the GoalZero approach and completion of actions to improve health and safety in Africa.
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the Africa Regional Office supports UNOPS country offices in the region, ensuring that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base.
And ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between projects across the entire region.
Technical Advisory Support – UN jobs Tanzania
- Support the Regional Office in achieving the corporate Health and Safety Goal Zero targets;
- Supporting the head of office in establishing effective performance monitoring of HS for the projects and the office;
- Support heads of programmes, project managers and project teams in implementing health and safety requirements;
- Evaluate practices and procedures at UNOPS premises and construction sites in the region to assess risk and adherence to UNOPS HSSE requirements;
- Review HSSE plans to ensure project implementation is fully aligned to UNOPS HSSE guidelines;
- Assist field teams to correct deviations from health and safety requirements including managing breaches of requirements and poor performance by personnel and contractors.
- Review risk assessments, inspections, incident investigations and other reports and offer advice to field teams to ensure that good practices are upheld;
Monitoring performance and addressing incidents – UNOPS login
- Carry out inspections and system reviews to ensure that UNOPS operations are complying with HSSE requirements;
- Follow up on actions to address non-conformities or issues raised in incident investigations, inspections and audits to ensure that the issues have been effectively addressed and lessons learned shared;
- Carry out incident investigations;
- and, Carry out actions to improve the effectiveness of health and safety critical controls in the field offices;
- Use trend analysis of monitoring data from field offices for the purposes of addressing poor performance;
- Carry out initiatives to support the improvement of health and safety culture including ensuring that actions in the organization’s safety improvement plan are carried out.
Training and Knowledge Management – UNOPS Kenya
- Develop and implement training programmes to improve the capacity of UNOPS personnel, contractors and partners in implementing UNOPS health and safety requirements;
- Facilitate practical training for contractors and project teams so that they ‘learn by doing’ and ensure continuous safe operations during project execution;
- Be the focal point for health and safety knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the region with a focus on context-specific good practices;
- Support the development and implementation of other HSSE initiatives as assigned by the regional office.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience – Un jobs in Dar es Salaam
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant field and 5 years of required relevant experience; OR;
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), in a relevant field and 7 years of required relevant experience OR;
- A tertiary education diploma (Technical/Professional Diploma or equivalent), in a relevant field and 9 years of required relevant experience.
- Required relevant experience is defined as progressively responsible experience in Health, Safety, Social and Environmental (HSSE) management;
- Experience in HS (Health and Safety) risk assessments, inspections, incident investigation, and/or training facilitation is required;
- Minimum of 2 years in managing and implementing projects’ related health and safety matters is an asset;
- Field experience in Africa is an asset.
- For one position: Full working knowledge of English is required
- the other position: Full working knowledge of both English and French is required.
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
For more details and application click link below
UNOPS Jobs 2021 | Regional Health & Safety Specialists, Copenhagen
UNOPS Jobs 2021 | Regional Health & Safety Specialists, Copenhagen, Un jobs in Dar es Salaam, UNOPS Kenya, UNOPS Jobs, UNOPS login, UN jobs, UN jobs Tanzania