Job Opportunities at Tigo Tanzania 2022 is now opened for all who passionate to work with Tigo Tanzania located in Dar es salaam.
Read also: Nafasi za Kazi Mashirika Binafsi 2022
Tigo is a telecommunication company in Tanzania.. With over 13.5 million registered subscribers to their network, Tigo, directly and indirectly, employs over 300,000 Tanzanians including an extended network of customer service representatives, mobile money merchants, sales agents and distributors.
Positions: Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Supervisor
You are responsible for supporting HSES & BCM Manager to establish and maintain a Healthy, Safety and Environment Management System, adhere to Global & Local HSE Policies in order to ensure that HSE risk are mitigated to an acceptable level.
WE CONTRIBUTE AND LEAD
By connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity and innovation.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES : Job Opportunities at Tigo Tanzania 2022
- Manage, promote and proactively help implement and maintain HS&E programs in line with AXIAN Group and HSE plan, policies, practices and procedures, to reduce risks in local operations and help eliminate activities leading to accidents, damages and injuries.
- Advise HSE & BCM manager, HS&E Representatives, employees and subcontractors in general about current and new safe work procedures, safety policies and applicable regulation and international standards.
- Ensure compliance with all local and international legislation and regulations interfacing with regulatory and compliance departments.
- Investigate the causes of accident/incidents and develop/implement procedures and methods to prevent similar occurrences in the future, including risk assessments and action plans. To ensure all significant accidents and or incidents are cost calculated and findings issued to the local management team and to the HSE& BCM Manager for review and comment.
- Shall form a key advisory role within the operations ensuring the HSE committee is formed and conducted per quarter or as defined by local legislation as a minimum. All meetings shall be recorded in minutes and issued to HSE &BCM Manager for review and comment.
- Assist and help evaluate work procedures and environments via workplace and activity risk assessment to identify potential hazards and ensure that adequate controls are in place according to internal programs, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of all designated local safety coordinators.
- Ensure the suspension/interruption of activities in local operation facilities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety are implemented and managed by local management.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and safety equipment are implemented and managed by local management, in accordance with local laws, regulations and relevant international standards.
- Execute periodic inspections of facilities, equipment and machinery to identify potential hazards, recommend risk reduction measures and ensure the installation of HS&E features. Follow up on outstanding observations and actions.
- Provide HS&E training programs and education to current employees as well as new employee orientations.
- Conduct and coordinate review of HS&E Inspections and Audits with the Internal Audit team
- Maintain records and prepare reports on the administration of HS&E matters and other assigned activities.
- Completion of incident investigation, statistics, reports, and trend reporting.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations and participate in periodic global, regional and local meetings.
- Shall interface with all departments to ensure Fire Safety Management plans, Equipment, Fire Marshals are established and tested at regular intervals along with training for all colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS For Tigo Careers
- Bachelor degree related to Healthy, Safety and Environmental studies
- Safety and environmental certifications (OHSA ).
- Working knowledge of HS&E requirements in accordance with local laws and regulations as well as applicable international standards.
- Ability to analyse and understand HS&E policies and procedures, and to develop planning and optimization of programs.
- Experience in telecommunication engineering hazards (RF radiation, working at heights, laser safety, etc.) is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years of related HS&E and/or Risk Management
CORE COMPETENCIES: Tigo Tanzania Jobs
- Highly developed leadership abilities with excellent relationship-building skills.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Must have an ongoing record of professional development.
- Excellent in oral and written communication and report writing skills
- Independent and with good work attitude.
Check also: Nafasi za Kazi Supermarket 2022
Positions: Transmition (TX) Project Supervisor
Efficient and effective supervise delivery of Telecommunication projects within a specified scope, budget, timelines and quality according to specifications following MIC policies and processes.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports, records, and key performance indicators required to manage costs, productivity, and achieve optimal efficiencies.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and enforcement of safety policies, procedures, standards.
- Coordinates with installation teams to meet the agreed work schedule.
- Supervises Telecom implementation contractors on site and takes charge of generating deficiency report.
- Generates material order list and arranges for material delivery to site.
- Overall materials management and reporting.
- Coordinate technical site surveys, High level and Low-level reviewing and approval.
- Generates and circulate reports daily, weekly and monthly reports on project progress.
- Primary support for all telecom implementation activities, including organizing site access, securing necessary approvals for implementation.
- Ensures that installation teams are working according to the Axian health and safety plan and policy.
- Ensures that installation quality and standards are met.
- Coordination and management of site handover to operations including ensuring that all snags/ deficiencies related to project installation are addressed and resolved.
- Coordinate project teams communications and interactions with other domains such Operations, IT, Supply chain and Commercial.
- Coordinate project teams communications and interactions with other vendors/ contractors/ partners such as Towerco and other MNOs.
- Budget management, CAPEX Execution and reporting.
- Keep record of project risks/ issues, develop mitigation/ resolutions and follow-up their resolution.
- Participation in tendering process including preparing scope of work, selection process and analysis of proposals and suppliers.
- Comply to MIC internal policies, controls and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication/ Electronic Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering.
- Project Management basic trainings is added advantages.
- Knowledge of various project management tools is essential.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications, Civil and Power, and Project Management, Management.
- At least 3 years site rollout or project management experience in telecommunication industry.
- At least 3 Years Telecommunication or related engineering experience.
CORE COMPETENCIES : Nafasi za kazi TiGO
- Technical skills on Telecommunication networks.
- Demonstrate team working skills.
- Rich in Soft skills (Effective communication, writing and presentation skills, negotiations)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and Innovation.
- Independent and with good work attitude and decision making.
- Risk assessment and management skills.
- Project management and management skills.
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted”.