Welcome, Through this page you can check and apply WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) 2021. Check also: Jobs at Amani Centre for Street Children 2021
Latest WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. (WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021)
NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
- Form Six Results 2021 | Necta Result Form Six 2021
- Latest Form Five Second Selection 2020/2021
- How to Access UDSM Online Application 2021/2022 | UDSM OAS Login
- Post Jobs Free 2021 & Read how to Post
- IT Developer at Capability BPO | Jobs in South Africa 2021
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks.
NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. (WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021)
NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider.
Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment. (WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021)
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights.
We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches.
NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervise and monitor construction of sanitation facilities (household and institutional latrines)
- Request latrine construction materials from the warehouse in a timely manner, supervise and monitor distribution of latrines construction materials to the beneficiaries.
- Monitor and ensure proper usage of the latrine construction materials, assets and tools.
- Monitor proper positioning of the latrines on the site using monitoring tools kobo, Q-Gis etc.
- Facilitate community mobilization for all activities related to the provision of sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion, in close coordination with the NRC shelter team
- Facilitate effective implementation of sanitation activities which includes supervision and monitoring of latrine construction, fabrication of slabs and ensuring tasks are completed correctly and on schedule
- Conduct latrine coverage assessments and continuous gap identification and analysis.
- Take account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in program design, implementation, and reporting; carries out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities
- Capacity building, supervision and monitoring of refugee community workers.
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings when called upon. (WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021)
- Take part in general assessments, upon request
Professional Competencies – WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written. (WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021)
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
- At all times in and outside work adhere to NRC Code of Conduct
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma/degree in Civil engineering, Environmental or water resource engineering, or relevant practical experience. Possibly experience in humanitarian assistance.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Knowledge of Kirundi. (WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at NRC 2021)
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc)