Job Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council 2021 | Programme Coordinator
Job Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council 2021 | Programme Coordinator, DRC has been implementing emergency response projects in Tanzania since the onset of the Burundi refugee crisis in 2015 in three refugee camps in the Kigoma Region at the border with Burundi.
You may also apply:
- Job Vacancy at Tetra Tech International 2021
- Driver Jobs at Tanzania Commercial Bank 2021
- Job Opportunities at Plan International Tanzania
- New Job Vacancies at Amana Bank 2021
- Mining Foreman at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine 2021
DRC’s integrated projects for refugees, asylum seekers and host communities comprise sectors such as Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter and infrastructure, General Food Distribution (GFD) and Livelihoods.
In 2018 the office in Bujumbura, Burundi in 2018 was set up aimed at strengthening cross border responses and enhance the impact of interventions in support of Burundian returnees.
Position : Programme Coordinator/ Coordinatrice de Programme
The Coordinator will support the Country Director and Area Managers in building the Tanzania and Burundi program’s portfolio. The Coordinator will assist in securing new funds by coordinating and/or leading proposal development processes.
Additionally, the Coordinator will support Area Managers in further capacitating senior programme staff at the field level. This support will mainly focus on Project Cycle Management in general and more specifically at further strengthening DRC’s technical quality service delivery in the sectors of focus.
The Coordinator will support the Country Director and Area Manager with further strengthening donor- and other partner relations and will work collaboratively with the Programme Managers/Coordinators, Program Sector Leads, and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team.
- Pro-actively explore funding and other partnership opportunities for both Tanzania and Burundi aimed at strengthening of the implementation of DRC’s strategy for the two countries
- Act as the lead writer/coordinator/editor for concept notes and proposals, as needed. These will be designed in collaboration with the program development team, Area managers, technical advisors, Regional Office and Head Quarter colleagues, ensuring that
- DRC’s programme handbook guidelines are incorporated into proposal design.
- Work in close coordinator with the Grants Manager for Burundi and Tanzania, closely coordinating division of work and jointly agreeing on priorities.
- Support the Country Director and Area Managers in further expanding the existing donor network, including focussing on the Private Sector
- The Coordinator will work across multiple sectors/disciplines/geographic areas within the organization to contribute to organizational goals.
- Participates in Business Development reference groups either at global or regional level to develop new standards and innovative solutions.
- Contribute to the development of strong data collection and monitoring & evaluation plans within each proposal, including well-designed log-frames and indicators.
- Maintain up-to-date information on donor priorities and funding opportunities.
- Assist senior management in developing the humanitarian country program strategy and coordinating the delivery of assistance.
- The Coordinator, in close coordination with the Area managers, will support senior programme staff in Project Cycle Management with the aim of further strengthening DRC’s overall quality of services delivery in it sectors of intervention.
- In close cooperation with the Area Managers and Sector/ Project Manager, the Coordinator will lead on the development and roll out of training curricula aimed at further strengthening national staff capacities. This will mean the Coordinator will be spending time in the DRC field locations in both countries training staff on PCM, communication, report writing, humanitarian coordination, indicator tracking, DRC-specific tools and other identified topics. Job Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council 2021
- The Coordinator will contribute to the delivery of DRC’s Partnership Strategy in collaboration with the programme teams. This includes mapping and positively positioning DRC with new and existing partners, assessing partner’s operational and programmatic capacity, developing capacity building plans jointly with the partners, facilitating partners engage in project design and development and supporting them to deliver high-quality programmes. This role will also ensure that’s partners understanding and use of accountability frameworks, including maintaining compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist senior management in donor liaison and communication. Represent DRC in other external meetings with stakeholders and coordination meetings.
- To be successful in this role we expect the following experience and technical competencies:
- 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably with INGOs in field locations
- Master’s degree in international relief and development, social sciences, public health, statistics/research methods or related relevant field.
- Previous experience working on business development, project cycle management and capacity building of staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to analyse budgets for compliance with donor budget guidelines
- Excellent French and English writing skills
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Previous role as a Head of Programs or grants manager in an INGO
- Experience working in the East Africa and Great Lakes region and/or West Africa
- Experience working with Economic Recovery and/or Protection programming is an added advantage
- Experience working with local partners
- Proven interest in capacity building of colleagues
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work with minimal supervision
- Strong team player, strong networking, representation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn from others
- Understands humanitarian issues in Tanzania, Burundi, and the region
- Willing to travel to project sites in Tanzania and Burundi
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results through the Regional team both to position DRC and ensure excellence in all deliverables.
- Collaborating: You lead regional initiatives and processes by involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen to other stakeholders and staff; and you communicate concisely and persuasively.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Duration: 1 Year renewable subject to Performance and Funding.
Contract: Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment Band Non-Manager G.
Start Date: February 2022
Duty Station: Tanzania (Kibondo region and Dar es Salaam) and 40% Burundi (Bujumbura and field offices)
Accommodation: Shared Accommodation in DRC Guesthouse
Reporting: This position reports to Country Director
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Applicants must send a cover letter (max 1 page) and an updated CV (max 3 pages) in English. Cover letter should outline your personal motivation for applying and your key qualifications for the position. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo. Applications sent by email will not be considered. Job Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council 2021
Closing date for applications: 5th January 2022.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, candidates maybe contacted before closing date.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!