In this post, you will get all information about Job Vacancy at High Commission of Canada In Tanzania 2023, High Commission of Canada In Tanzania Vacancies 2023, Nafasi za kazi High Commission of Canada In Tanzania 2023, Nafafi za kazi ubalozi wa Canada.
Read also: New Jobs at US Embassy Tanzania 2023 Today
Job Vacancy at High Commission of Canada In Tanzania 2023
High Commission of Canada In Tanzania established diplomatic relations with Tanzania in 1961 following the latter’s independence. In Tanzania, Canada maintains an embassy in Dar es Salaam, which is concurrently accredited to Zambia, Comoros and Seychelles.
Summary of Duties:
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Management and Consular Officer, the Consular Coordinator processes passport applications and citizenship applications for Canadians abroad; provides consular support services to Canadians; responds to emergency situations involving Canadians in distress; supports the development of contingency planning and outreach programs; provides administrative and financial services in support of consular, passport and citizenship services at the mission; and provides other duties as required.
Area of Selection:Nafafi za kazi ubalozi wa Canada
This selection process is open to external applicants legally residing in the United Republic of Tanzania at the time of appointment and to High Commission of Canada in Dar es Salaam employees occupying an indeterminate or term position, including emergency employees. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Please note that the High Commission of Canada to Tanzania does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS : Job Vacancy at High Commission of Canada In Tanzania 2023
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
* Language will be assessed further during the process.
Education: High Commission of Canada In Tanzania Vacancies 2022
Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
University degree from a recognized institution
- Advanced level in English, C1 (written and spoken)
- Advanced level in Kiswahili, C1 (written and spoken)
- Intermediate level in French, B1 (written and spoken)
- Minimum 2 years of recent* experience working within an office environment in an administrative support or program assistant capacity for a corporate organization, foreign mission, government office or international organization.
- Minimum 2 years of recent* experience providing effective client service and dealing with the public (in person, by telephone, and electronic messaging).
* Recent experience is defined as within the last 5 years.
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview (online pre-recorded/live or in-person), role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector
* Applicants are encouraged to read the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector on this site: https://www.tbs-sct.canada.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=25049
Competencies: High Commission of Canada In Tanzania Vacancies 2022
- Client Service Competency – Level 2*
- Thinking things through
- Working effectively with others
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Integrity and Respect
* Applicants are encouraged to read the Client service competencies profile on this site: https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/sc-cs/csc-eng.html
- Ability to organize workload, manage multiple demands and meet deadlines and priorities in a high-paced work environment;
- Attention to detail/accuracy;
- Flexibility and Adaptability;
- Professional integrity, discretion and sound judgment.
Asset Qualifications: Nafasi za kazi High Commission of Canada In Tanzania 2022
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
- Experience working in a Canadian diplomatic mission;
- Experience working in a similar role (providing passport and consular services) at a Canadian diplomatic mission or of another country;
- Familiarity with local administrative and governmental procedures related to expatriate residents.
- Travel may be required as part of duties within Tanzania (and abroad) including travel by car, rail, sea and air
- Preference may be given to candidates who are members of one or more Employment Equity groups (Persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, women, and Indigenous persons), and have voluntarily completed the self-declaration form on their application. Therefore, we encourage candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a member of one of these groups.
- Required to work directly with the public
- Ability to work overtime and sometimes on short notice
- Ability to work in stressful situation and with client in distress especially when dealing with emergencies
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Ability to work on Tanzanian holidays when the embassy is open
- Leave is at the discretion of the supervisor and may be restricted or refused during peak operating periods
Conditions of Employment:
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
– Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
– Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
How to Apply For Nafasi za kazi High Commission of Canada In Tanzania 2023
- You must submit your application using the “Apply online” function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
- Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
- You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
- Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
- Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or which are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to [email protected] prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
Important Notes for High Commission of Canada In Tanzania Vacancies 2023
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
- The language requirement for this position is identified under the essential qualifications (language). In consequence, the assessment process for this vacancy will be conducted in English and French.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates must provide an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks may be sought for candidates who succeeded all of the assessments.
- Please note that the High Commission of Canada to Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Before an offer of employment can be made, successful candidates must provide a local residence address as proof of residence in the specified area of selection. This information is necessary to issue a letter of offer.
- As recently announced by the Government of Canada, the Policy for Mandatory Vaccination: Canada and the Mission Network is suspended as of June 20, 2022. The Government of Canada will continue to assess the need for additional public health measures, including the possible reintroduction of a vaccination mandate at a later date.
- We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact us at [email protected] to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- The results of this selection process may also be used to establish one or more pools of fully or partially qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the High Commission of Canada to Tanzania which might arise following the completion of this selection process.
- For Canadian citizens/residents and Canadian dual nationals, please note that it is your responsibility to enquire with the Canadian Revenue Agency about any possible taxation implications linked to an employment with the Government of Canada.