Job Vacancy at UNESCO Dar es Salaam
Job Vacancy at UNESCO Dar es Salaam. Under the overall authority of the Head of UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides a series of finance and administrative support services to the UNESCO National office in Dar es Salaam and in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations. Apply also Sweden Government Fully Funded International Scholarships 2021
- Job Vacancies at NMB 2020
- Online Jobs 2020 | Jobs From Home 2020
- Excutive Village Officers Job Vacancies at Bukoba
- Jobs In Tanzania 2020 | Ajiraleo 2020
- TAMISEMI Explanations On Ajira Mpya za Walimu 2020
The administrative assistant will undertake the following responsibilities:
Long Description-Job Vacancy at UNESCO Dar es Salaam
- Compile, verify and maintain records of transactions and Office administrative activities.
- Process payments; check that documents are complete, correct and compliant with the rules, regulations and procedures;
- Ensure that the accounting records and corresponding justifications are complete and properly filed;
- Assist in preparation of budget, check completeness, accuracy and compliance of documentation;
- Assist staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licenses and other necessary personnel-related documents in accordance with requirements of the organization and the host country.
- Assist in recruitment process activities of the office;
- Make arrangements for shipment and receipt of office and project supplies and equipment and household effects, including customs clearance;
- Assist on preparation of purchase orders, contracts, meetings and follow up;
- Maintain and monitor stock levels of various supply items;
- Liaise with companies and host country’s administration; Read Also Excutive Village Officers Job Vacancies at Bukoba
- Follow up air tickets purchase and payments, prepare travel authorizations and assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel; track security certificates;
- Assist in the allocation of office and planning moves;
- Monitor the work of the cleaning staff to ensure the work undertaken by them meets the standards in the contract specification.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Accountability (C)
- Communication (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C). Job Vacancy at UNESCO Dar es Salaam
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Completed Secondary Education.
- Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work in administration and finance within UN or international organizations.
- Excellent/very good knowledge of English and Swahili
Skills and competencies-Job Vacancy at UNESCO Dar es Salaam
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT skills and good knowledge of standard office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Good analytical and problem solving skills. Apply this Freshman Presidential Scholarship For African 2020/2021
- Initiative, service-oriented, and discretion.
- Proven ability to work efficiently, under pressure, and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility to adjust to different work schedules and priorities.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Administration or others related fields
- Skills and Competencies.
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS-Job Vacancy at UNESCO Dar es Salaam
The remuneration is at SB2 Level Peg 3 – TZS 2,023,158 monthly including pension and medical benefits
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview. Apply also Vocational Teacher – Laboratory Assistant
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided