This page help you to check The Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH) | Technical Advisor 2021. Check also: Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) | WASH Specialist 2021
New Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH) | Technical Advisor 2021
Technical Advisor (TA) provides assistance to MTaPS Country Director and Senior Technical Advisors in technical activities focusing on GHSA interventions in improving infection prevention and control (IPC), water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), and antimicrobial stewardship (AMS). ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
S/he supports in-country teams in the design and implementation of technical activities ensuring their adequate contribution to MTaPS results. The TA is also responsible for the implementation and evaluation of those designated field activities such as deployment of tools or implementation of facility and community-based interventions.
- Jobs at KCB Bank Tanzania | Retail Banker 2021
- Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) | WASH Specialist 2021
- Jobs at Cool Blue Tanzania | Retail Sales Manager 2021
- Selform Tamisemi go tz 2021 | Kubadili Tahasusi 2021
- Form Five Selection 2021 | Waliochaguliwa Kidato cha Tano 2021
Under guidance from senior staff, s/he provides support to program quality reviews, activity reporting, and knowledge management activities.
As required, other areas of work may include activities aimed at strengthening pharmaceutical systems, supply chain management or pharmaceutical services in developing countries. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Support (40%)
- Participate in the coordination, design and implementation of technical assistance in support of MTaPS GHSA/IPC/WASH/AMS in the country
- Conduct desk-based and/or field based research and technical assistance activities including delivery of reports, papers, and training as designated by senior technical staff. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
- Participate in the design and implementation of GHSA/IPC/AMS field assessment activities including the development of tools and implementation of data analysis plans; also assist in data interpretation and technical activity reporting.
- Participate in human resource capacity assessments in the health and pharmaceutical sector and collaborate with senior technical staff and the
- Capacity Building and Performance Improvement Unit in the development of capacity building and training materials.
- Support country activities under the guidance from the CPD and STA and in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit, in the development and implementation of portfolio specific M&E plans. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
- Participate in the review of designated program documentation and activity products ensuring quality of program deliverables.
- Participate in the development of communication materials, presentations, articles, concept papers, abstracts and posters in the context of knowledge management and participate in the presentation of these products to various audiences and forums.
- Provide writing and analytical assistance as needed to produce special thematic reports and/or technical briefs documents aimed for publication.
- Attend technical and brown bag informational meetings when required and prepare related briefs for senior technical staff. Also, work occasionally with senior technical staff for developing MSH proposals and new assistance projects as needed.
- Participate in other duties, as assigned. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
Capacity Building (40%)
- Participate in human resource capacity assessments in the pharmaceutical sector and collaborate internally and externally to develop country-specific capacity building material, strategies and roll out plans.
- Assist Department of Health (DoH) and National Programs to design and review, policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and other relevant materials,
- Participate in the planning and delivery of Pharmaceutical system strengthening programs aimed at building the capacity of department of health, national programs, drug regulatory authority, other pharmaceutical cadres and training institutions. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
- Collaborate with stakeholders for the development, deployment and implementation of appropriate tools necessary to improve pharmaceutical management information systems and their appropriate use for decision making.
Monitoring and Evaluation (20%)
- In coordination with the M&E team, support project for the establishment of mechanisms for collecting relevant data to their established indicators. Also participate in program review activities and provide adequate recommendations. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
- Support project staff in the adequate documentation and dissemination of program results and lessons learned including the development and submission of abstracts and articles to scientific journals and conferences.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Graduate degree in a health-related field
Physician, nurse, or pharmacist qualification preferred.
Two years of relevant experience in international public health with a focus on strengthening health and/or pharmaceutical systems in developing countries.
Specialized training and/or practical experience related to infection control, including at the health facility level, and other areas of AMR containment such as WASH and antimicrobial stewardship. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID, CDC and international agencies such as the Global Fund, UNITAID, WHO and World Bank preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents and to make presentations in English is required.
- Competence in use of word processing programs required, and experience with spreadsheets and database applications strongly preferred.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential
- Proficiency in English and any other languages of other USAID-supported countries is desired.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team spirit.
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Good judgment for decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability in consensus building and constructively leading a team.
Travel requirements 30% at national and international levels
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. ( Jobs at Management Sciences For Health (MSH))
In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.